5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a adjective - transmitting light but causing sufficient diffusion to make impossible the perception of a distinct image.
- b noun - a person of great wealth and prominence.
- c adjective - A. incapable of being penetrated. B. incapable of being affected. C. not open to argument or suggestion.
- d noun - A. a slogan or often repeated word or phrase. B. a common saying or idea. C. a language usage that distinguishes the members of one group or class from another.
- e adjective - known or understood only by a few; esoteric
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- adjective - A. destructively violent. B. deranged; insane
- noun - A. a place regarded as the center of an activity or interest. B. a place visited by many people. C. a goal to which the followers of a religious faith or practice aspire.
- noun - A. the outermost part or region within a precise boundary. B. the region or area immediately beyond a precise boundary. C. a zone constituting an inexact boundary.
- trans. verb - A. to get to the bottom of and understand. B. to determine the depth of; sound; noun - a unit of length equal to six feet used for the measurement of marine depths.
- intrans. verb - to show respect or submission; fawn; noun - an act or gesture of exaggerated respect or obedience.
5 True/False Questions
educe → noun - A. a place regarded as the center of an activity or interest. B. a place visited by many people. C. a goal to which the followers of a religious faith or practice aspire.
adjunct → trans. verb - A. to draw or bring out; elicit. B. to assume or work out from given facts; deduce.
diverge → intrans. verb - A. to go or extend in different directions from a common point; branch out. B. to differ, as in opinion or manner. C. to depart from a set course or norm; deviate.
manifest → adjective - clearly apparent to the sight or understandingly obvious; trans. verb - A. to show or demonstrate plainly; reveal. B. to be evidence of; prove; noun - a list of cargo or passengers for a ship or airplane.
limpid → adjective - A. concealed; hidden; secret. B. covered or covered over; sheltered; noun - A. covering or cover. B. a covered place or shelter; hiding place. C. thick underbrush or woodland affording cover for game.