← US History- Chap 3 Test
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- A tax
- Middle Passage
- a duty
- b A person placed under a contract to work for another person in exchange for learning a trade
- c One leg of the triangular trade between the Americas, Europe, and Africa. This was the part that brought slaves to the Americas from Africa.
- d Economic theory that a country should acquire as much silver and gold as possible
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An example of the ways slaves resisted their masters during the colonial period, in which about 100 blacks in South Carolina, rose up, seized weapons, killed several whites and attempted to escape south to Florida, but they were caught and many participants executed.
- Movement of people for the purpose of settling in a new place
- Salutary Neglect
- a person who comes into a country to make a new life
5 True/False Questions
Colonial Society → organized by wealth (rich over poor), gender (men over women), and race (white over black)
Western Expanding → Too many new babies and immigrants for the amount of land had.
Itinerant → a person who comes into a country to make a new life
Triangular Trade → A three-way trade between the Americans, Europe and Africa
Work and Education → artisans, printers, farmers,and fishermen, indentured servants. tinwear, pottery, glasswear.