5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Battle of Zama
- a general appointed by the senate, but was rejected and tribal assembly put in Marius
- b Rock layers. built in 5 layers. street comes from this word
- c symbolizes the kings power
- d general who commanded the Carthaginian army in the second Punic War. Elephants.
- e 202 B.C. romans defeated carthaginian army
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- government was divided among 3 branches: consuls, senate, assemblies
- the Roman siege of Syracuse (214-212 BC) was eventually won by the Romans who sacked the city (killing Archimedes)
- First Punic War. Fought over Sicily between Romans and Carthaginians
- 154 - 121BC, Elected tribune in 123BC, Proposed using public funds to buy and sell grain to the poor at reduced prices (welfare program), Violence becomes "Law of the Land"
- means "our sea" nickname for Medeterannean sea for romans
5 True/False Questions
Marius → a Roman general who was elected consul seven times (one time over Sulla)- he is known for the big changes he made to the Roman army, making it easier for men to be Roman soldiers.
Senate → most powerful body of the Republic. 300 members. controlled the government's finances, passed laws, and supervised foreign affairs of the republic.
Plebiscites → laws binding only plebians made by the plebians
First Civil War → rival between the Tribal Assembly and Senate. Senate won
Estrucans → came from Asia Minor. First to introduce greek culture to Romans.