5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Oneida Community
- Emily Dickinson
- a US poet, explored universal themes of nature, love, death, and immortality.
- b Toll-based public road to facilitate commerce.
- c Followers of Joseph Smith. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- d radical experiment that practiced free love, birth control, and flourished largely because of superior steel products
- e gained great support from Second Great Awakening, stressed personal conversion and church democracy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mail system between Missouri and California
- Immigrants from Ireland and Germany escaping Great Britain oppression and political instability.
- Focus of abolitionists on transporting freed blacks to Africa. Established Liberia, with capital Monrovia.
- Semisecret Irish organization that became a benevolent society aiding Irish immigrants in American.
- spoliation of western natural resources through excessive hunting, lodging, mining, and grazing.
5 True/False questions
Oberlin College → (1825) New York state canal that linked Lake Erie to Hudson River. Increased profit of farmers.
Horace Mann → Spread education throughout America
Isaac Singer → perfected sewing machine
Limited Liability → Offered protection for individual investors who cannot be held responsible for more than the value of their individual shares.
Elias Howe → Invented the sewing Machine