5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- yin chai hu
- Qian Hu
- bai tou weng
- Which CARE herbs treat sp/st toxic heat: toothache, gingivitis, ulcerated lips or gums, canker sores
- Fu Ling
- a clears heat and resolves fire toxicity primarily for dysenteric disorders esp damp heat in st and int
- b Sheng Ma
- c clears heat from yin deficiency, clears heat (fever, irritability, thirst) from childhood malnutrition
- d tonifies sp qi, promotes urination to treat edema tf phlegm and reduces swelling
- e directs qi downward and dispels phlegm, disperses and scatters wind heat
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Cools teh blood, prevents epidemic and benefits throat and clears damp heat for jaundice
- These herbs treat cough/wheeze and moisten the intestines, and are therefore contra-ind for diarrhea.
- (bitter, spicy, cold). disperses wind heat for headache or eye pain; drains damp and expels wind; clears heat in liver channel for tearing, night blindness, blood shot eyes.
- These herbs go both to the Lung and the stomach, so they treat vomiting and rebellious stomach qi.
- one of the few warm spicy herbs that is also a diaphoretic; disperses wind heat and induces a sweat; vents rashes, promotes urination to reduce edema
5 True/False Questions
2 drain fire herbs that clear liv and eyes and tx hypertension d/t liv fire or liv yang rising → xia ku cao and jue ming zi
Gan Sui → benefits joints (esp upper limbs), also used for edema, unblocks meridians to treat bi, lowers high bp
zhi ban xia → treats difficult/painful urination, clears liver heat to brighten eyes, dissolves phlegm and clears lung heat to stop cough
Shi Gao → bitter, cold. Eliminates irritability, drain damp heat for uti, jaundice, cool blood and stop bleeding (charred), reduces swelling and moves blood stasis due to trauma (powder, topically). contra: loose stool or loss appetite d/t def cold. prep: crush
Fu Ling Pi → tonifies liv and kid yin to strengthen bones and dispel wind damp