5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Compound that has a pH above 7.
- b Large carbohydrate formed by joining three or more monosaccharides.
- c Shown on the left side of a chemical equation; starting materials.
- d "Building Block;" smaller compound which must be joined together with other small compounds to build larger molecules.
- e Known as "sugars and starches;" built from monosaccharides.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Bad" fats that are solid at room temperature and come from animal sources (such as butter).
- Smallest carbohydrate; used to build bigger carbohydrates.
- Built from amino acids; these molecules have many roles in the cell and are generally considered to be "workers."
- Shown on the right side of a chemical equation; ending materials.
- Substance with a pH of exactly 7.
5 True/False Questions
disaccharide → Large carbohydrate formed by joining three or more monosaccharides.
pH scale → 0 to 14 scale that measures whether a substance is an acid or a base.
acid → Built from one glycerol and three fatty acids; substances are typically oily or waxy; used for energy storage and cell membranes.
enzyme → A type of protein that speeds up the rate of chemical reactions in living organisms.
unsaturated fat → "Bad" fats that are solid at room temperature and come from animal sources (such as butter).