5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- horizontal lines
- a to divide the hair by parting into uniform working areas for control.
- b section of hair located either at the perimeter or the interior of the cut, determines the length the hair will be cut also referred to as guide; usually the first section that is cut to create a shape
- c used to remove superfluos hair and to create clean lines around ears and neckline.
- d lines the a parallel to the floor; used in low elevation haircuts.
- e techinique using diagonal lines by cutting hair ends with a slight increase or decrease in length.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lines that are perpendicular to the floor.
- guidelines that move throughout the haircut.
- growth pattern direction in which the hair grows from the scalp; also referred to as natural fall or natural falling position .
- graduated shape of wedge; an effect or haircut that results from cutting the hai with tension, low to medium elevation or over direction.
5 True/False Questions
fringe → triangular section that begins at the apex and ends at the front corners.
perimeter → outer line of a hairstyle
diagonal lines → lines the a parallel to the floor; used in low elevation haircuts.
elevation → angle or degree at which a subsection of hair is held, or lifted, from the head when cuting; also referred to as projection or lifting
layering → techinique using diagonal lines by cutting hair ends with a slight increase or decrease in length.