← CHH Chapter 25 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- automatic punishment
- solistic (tact) extension
- convergent multiple control
- a Punishment that occurs independent of the social mediation by others (i.e., a response product serves as a punisher independent of the social environment).
- b Yogi Berra's classic malapropism: "Baseball is ninety percent mental; the other half is physical." is an example of...
- c Occurs when a single verbal response is a function of more than one variable and what is said has more than one antecedent source of control.
- d An elementary verbal operant that is evoked by a verbal discriminative stimulus and that does not have point-to-point correspondence with that verbal stimulus.
- e Someone who engages in verbal behavior by emitting mands, tacts, intraverbals, autoclitics, and so on.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A situation that occurs when the controlling antecedent stimulus and the response or response product (a) share the same sense mode (e.g., both stimulus and response are visual, auditory, or tactile) and (b) physically resemble each other.
- The two types of multiple control.
- Someone who provides reinforcement for verbal behavior.
- A tact evoked by a novel stimulus that shares all of the relevant or defining features associated with the original stimulus.
- A relation between the stimulus and response or response product that occurs when the beginning, middle, and end of the verbal stimulus matches the beginning, middle, and end of the verbal response.
5 True/False Questions
textual → An elementary verbal operant evoked by a nonverbal discriminative stimulus and followed by generalized conditioned reinforcement.
divergent multiple control → Occurs when a single verbal response is a function of more than one variable and what is said has more than one antecedent source of control.
echoic, copying a text, and imitation (as it relates to sign language) → The verbal relations with formal similarity are...
echoic → An elementary verbal operant involving a response that is evoked by a verbal discriminative stimulus that has point-to-point correspondence and formal similarity with the response.
audience → Someone who provides reinforcement for verbal behavior.