← 13-16 ID'S Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Commonwealth vs. Hunt
- rotation in office
- Charles G. Finney
- Gilbert Stewart
- Lone Star
- a texas declared independence in 1836 and Houston forced signed treaty with Santa Ana in 1836
- b a competent american painter. a spendthrift rhode islander and a gifted painter. painted many semi-deified portraits of washington.
- c urged people to abandon sin and lead good lives in dramatic sermons at religious revivals
- d Declared that labor unions were lawful organizations and that the strike was a lawful weapon
- e Jackson's system of periodically replacing officeholders to allow ordinary citizens to play a more prominent role in government
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- American inventor who designed the first commercially successful steamboat and the first steam warship (1765-1815)
- They lived in Florida as runaways from other tribes. They waged a seven years war against the Americans to try and remain in the east instead of being forcibly removed to the west.
- the governor of South Carolina during the nullification crisis and called for a counterclaim to Jackson's opposition of the South Carolina stance
- The most famous Methodist travelling frontier preacher. He traveled around the country preaching to large groups.
- Beginning in 1804, electors would vote separately for President and Vice President
5 True/False Questions
Chapter Sixteen → believed that christ would return on OCtober 22, 1842 also known as Adventists
Martin Van Buren → was a 1831 U.S. scandal involving members of President Andrew Jackson's Cabinet
Order of the Star Spangled Banner → The noisier American "Nativists" rallied for political action. In 1849 they formed this, which soon developed into the formidable American, or "Know-Nothing," party—a name derived from its secretiveness.
Elizabeth Cady Stanton → American transcendentalist who was against slavery and stressed self-reliance, optimism, self-improvement, self-confidence, and freedom. He was a prime example of a transcendentalist and helped further the movement.
Anti Masonic Party → third party that critized the elites secrecy in the other party