5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a specific alleles carried by an individual
- b observable traits.
- c Stage of mitosis when sister chromatids separate and move to opposite spindle poles.
- d Smallest unit of structural organization in chromosomes; around a spool of histone proteins.
- e The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
- one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species
- cell division process that halves the chromosome number, to the haploid (n) number
- The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
- first cell of a new individual, fertilized
5 True/False questions
adenine (A) → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also base-pairs with thymine in DNA and uracil in RNA.
egg → Heritable unit of information in DNA
cytosine (C) → Cytoplasmic division
nucleotide → a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
diploid → one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species