5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- asexual reproduction
- a alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
- b Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
- c Mature, haploid reproductive cell
- d Reproductive mode by which offspring arise from one parent and inherit that parent's genes only
- e Fusion of a sperm nucleus and an egg nucleus
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
- Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- A diagram used to predict the outcome of a testcross.
- an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
- Heterozygote. Individual with two different alleles at a gene locus.
5 True/False questions
cytokinesis → Cytoplasmic division
mitosis → cell division process that halves the chromosome number, to the haploid (n) number
histone → protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
diploid → protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
reproductive cloning → Technology that produces genetically identical individuals; e.g., artificial twinning, SCNT.