5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
- b Permanent, small-scale change in DNA. Primary source of new alleles
- c Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
- d alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
- e The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A type of nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with adenine; does not occur in RNA.
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- The sum of all chromosomes in a cell of a given type
- Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
- dynamically assembled array of microtubules that moves chromosomes during mitosis or meiosis.
5 True/False questions
cytokinesis → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
fertilization → Fusion of a sperm nucleus and an egg nucleus
egg → Heritable unit of information in DNA
sex chromosome → Smallest unit of structural organization in chromosomes; around a spool of histone proteins.
SRY → Mature male gamete.