5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- sex chromosome
- germ cell
- reproductive cloning
- a first cell of a new individual, fertilized
- b Member of a pair of chromosomes that differs between males and females.
- c two different alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome Aa
- d Technology that produces genetically identical individuals; e.g., artificial twinning, SCNT.
- e A cell that can undergoes meiosis and give rise to gametes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- gene that affects testes and sperm
- Mature female gamete
- alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
- a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
- Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
5 True/False Questions
anaphase → Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
growth factor → Permanent, small-scale change in DNA. Primary source of new alleles
linkage group → The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
sister chromatid → One of two attached members of a duplicated eukaryotic chromosome.
homozygous recessive → a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.