5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- growth factor
- DNA repair mechanism
- thymine (T)
- linkage group
- a One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands
- b A type of nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with adenine; does not occur in RNA.
- c A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.
- d Checkpoint gene product that stimulates cell division.
- e All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- reproductive cloning where genetic material is transferred from an adult cell into an unfertilized enucleated egg.
- One of two attached members of a duplicated eukaryotic chromosome.
- Process when chromosomes exchange corresponding segments; puts nonparental combinations of alleles in gametes.
- observable traits.
- The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
5 True/False Questions
heterozygous → first cell of a new individual, fertilized
hybrid → Heterozygote. Individual with two different alleles at a gene locus.
ligase → Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
sexual reproduction → Production of offspring by gamete formation and fertilization.
nucleotide → a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group