5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Punnett square
- DNA repair mechanism
- linkage group
- continuous variation
- a Heritable unit of information in DNA
- b a range of small differences in a trait
- c A diagram used to predict the outcome of a testcross.
- d One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands
- e All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the chance a particular outcome of an event will occur; depends on the total number of outcomes possible.
- one allele is not fully dominant over another, the phenotype is somewhere in between
- Fusion of a sperm nucleus and an egg nucleus
- when the information in a gene converts to a structural or functional part of a cell.
- Mature female gamete
5 True/False questions
clone → Heritable unit of information in DNA
reproductive cloning → the chance a particular outcome of an event will occur; depends on the total number of outcomes possible.
locus → The location of a gene on a chromosome
sex chromosome → region on a chromosome where sister chromatids are attached.
ligase → Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.