5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- linkage group
- reproductive cloning
- multiple allele system
- a Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- b Three or more alleles persist in a population.
- c Technology that produces genetically identical individuals; e.g., artificial twinning, SCNT.
- d All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
- e Cytoplasmic division
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
- The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
- one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species
- Heterozygote. Individual with two different alleles at a gene locus.
- region on a chromosome where sister chromatids are attached.
5 True/False Questions
Punnett square → A diagram used to predict the outcome of a testcross.
metaphase → Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
diploid → two (2n) of each type of chromosome characteristic
cell cycle → A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.
sister chromatid → The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.