5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bell curve
- DNA replication
- a Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
- b Heterozygote. Individual with two different alleles at a gene locus.
- c abnormal mass of cells that lost control over their cell cycle.
- d Mature female gamete
- e Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- A type of nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with adenine; does not occur in RNA.
- Describes the process of DNA replication, by which one strand of each copy of a DNA molecule is new, and the other is a strand of the original DNA.
- Technology that produces genetically identical individuals; e.g., artificial twinning, SCNT.
- an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
5 True/False questions
epistasis → products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
ligase → removes phosphate group and inhibits mitosis
mutation → Permanent, small-scale change in DNA. Primary source of new alleles
clone → A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.
gene → Heritable unit of information in DNA