5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The order of nucleotides in a strand of DNA or RNA.
- b Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway
- c a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
- d abnormal mass of cells that lost control over their cell cycle.
- e A genetically identical copy of DNA, a cell, or an organism.
5 Multiple choice questions
- One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands
- cell division process that halves the chromosome number, to the haploid (n) number
- Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
- The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
- Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
5 True/False questions
gene expression → when the information in a gene converts to a structural or functional part of a cell.
sperm → gene that affects testes and sperm
thymine (T) → A type of nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with adenine; does not occur in RNA.
cell cycle → The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
anaphase → Stage of mitosis when cell's chromosomes align midway