5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sexual reproduction
- multiple allele system
- a A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.
- b Production of offspring by gamete formation and fertilization.
- c cell division mechanism that maintains the chromosome number.
- d Three or more alleles persist in a population.
- e region on a chromosome where sister chromatids are attached.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- Mature, haploid reproductive cell
- replication enzyme; assembles a new DNA from free nucleotides
- products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
5 True/False questions
cell cycle → Curve that results from a range of variation for a continuous trait; plotted against the frequency
growth factor → Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
gene expression → when the information in a gene converts to a structural or functional part of a cell.
neoplasm → Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
nucleotide → a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group