5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
- b cell division mechanism that maintains the chromosome number.
- c two different alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome Aa
- d Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
- e Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- one allele is not fully dominant over another, the phenotype is somewhere in between
- Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also base-pairs with thymine in DNA and uracil in RNA.
- identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
5 True/False questions
dominant → an allele that masks the effects of a recessive allele paired with it
germ cell → A cell that can undergoes meiosis and give rise to gametes.
gamete → Heritable unit of information in DNA
somatic cell nuclear transfer (SCNT) → Three or more alleles persist in a population.
interphase → The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.