5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- guanine (G)
- a A genetically identical copy of DNA, a cell, or an organism.
- b Heterozygote. Individual with two different alleles at a gene locus.
- c one (n) of each type of chromosome characteristic of the species
- d A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
- e observable traits.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a pair of recessive alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., aa.
- protein that structurally organizes chromosomes and part of nucleosomes.
- a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
- Member of a pair of chromosomes that differs between males and females.
- A diagram used to predict the outcome of a testcross.
5 True/False questions
DNA replication → Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
independent assortment → The stage between mitotic divisions when a cell grows in mass, doubles its cytoplasmic, and replicates its DNA.
probability → the chance a particular outcome of an event will occur; depends on the total number of outcomes possible.
gene expression → specific alleles carried by an individual
thymine (T) → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also base-pairs with thymine in DNA and uracil in RNA.