5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- independent assortment
- DNA repair mechanism
- adenine (A)
- a A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also base-pairs with thymine in DNA and uracil in RNA.
- b One of several processes by which enzymes repair broken or mismatched DNA strands
- c a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
- d Smallest unit of structural organization in chromosomes; around a spool of histone proteins.
- e alleles are distributed into gametes independently of alleles of all other genes during meiosis.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Three or more alleles persist in a population.
- reproductive cloning where genetic material is transferred from an adult cell into an unfertilized enucleated egg.
- two (2n) of each type of chromosome characteristic
- A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with guanine in DNA and RNA.
- A cell that can undergoes meiosis and give rise to gametes.
5 True/False Questions
incomplete dominance → alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
genotype → specific alleles carried by an individual
asexual reproduction → Production of offspring by gamete formation and fertilization.
gene expression → Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
allele → A gene that arises by mutation and encodes slightly different versions of the same gene product.