5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cell cycle
- bipolar spindle
- a dynamically assembled array of microtubules that moves chromosomes during mitosis or meiosis.
- b Cytoplasmic division
- c products of two or more gene pairs that influence a single trait
- d Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
- e The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- A cell that can undergoes meiosis and give rise to gametes.
- alleles that are both fully expressed neither is dominant or recessive.
- Stage of mitosis and meiosis in which chromosomes condense a become attached to spindles.
- Process by which a cell duplicates its DNA before it divides.
5 True/False questions
homozygous → identical alleles at a gene locus on the chromosome, AA.
bell curve → The time a cell forms until it reproduces. In eukaryotes, it consists of interphase, mitosis, and cytoplasmic division.
metaphase → Stage of mitosis when sister chromatids separate and move to opposite spindle poles.
guanine (G) → A nitrogen-containing base in nucleotides; also, base-pairs with cytosine in DNA and RNA.
haploid → two (2n) of each type of chromosome characteristic