5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- reproductive cloning
- linkage group
- a All genes tend to stay together during meiosis but may be separated by cross-overs.
- b Technology that produces genetically identical individuals; e.g., artificial twinning, SCNT.
- c Smallest unit of structural organization in chromosomes; around a spool of histone proteins.
- d gene that affects testes and sperm
- e a five-carbon sugar, a nitrogen base, and at least one phosphate group
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stage of mitosis during which chromosomes arrive at the spindle poles and new nuclei form.
- Member of a pair of chromosomes that differs between males and females.
- Reproductive mode by which offspring arise from one parent and inherit that parent's genes only
- two (2n) of each type of chromosome characteristic
- a pair of dominant alleles at a locus on homologous chromosomes; e.g., AA.
5 True/False questions
histone → A genetically identical copy of DNA, a cell, or an organism.
zygote → first cell of a new individual, fertilized
independent assortment → A diagram used to predict the outcome of a testcross.
ligase → Enzyme that seals breaks in double-stranded DNA.
homologous chromosome → except for the nonidentical sex chromosomes, members of a pair have the same length, shape, and genes.