5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________
- What is plasma?
- The verticals columns are called _________
- What is nuclear fusion?
- In 1869 _________ published the first periodic table with ______ elements and three missing elements?
- a iron.
- b Mendeleev, 63
- c when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars
- d groups
- e a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a supernova
5 True/False Questions
Who discovered a way to measure the positive charge ( the atomic number) on an atom's nucleus? → Henry Moseley in 1913
What is the most important source of energy in the sun? → When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
What is atomic mass? → a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
Like many stars, the sun is made of mostly which element? → in order of increasing atomic mass
When these nuclei in the plasma collide they join together and form larger nuclei and release huge amounts of ___________ → helium