5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The hydrogen is at high pressure and extremely high temperatures and it's state of matter is _______
- WHen a helium nucleus fuses with a beryllium nucleus what is formed?
- Dmitri Mendeleev discovered a set of __________ applied to all the elements.
- THe matter in the sun and its planets originally came from a gigantic _________
- How did Mendeleev arrange the elements?
- a supernova
- b patterns
- c plasma
- d carbon
- e in order of increasing atomic mass
5 Multiple choice questions
- a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
- periodic table
- (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
- When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
5 True/False questions
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → periods
From left to right the _________- of elements in a period change in a pattern → properties
Helium builds up in the sun's core and one or two helium nuclei fuse and form _________ → beryllium
In 1869 _________ published the first periodic table with ______ elements and three missing elements? → families
What do we call it when a star explodes? → when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars