5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the most important source of energy in the sun?
- What is plasma?
- Dmitri Mendeleev discovered a set of __________ applied to all the elements.
- From left to right the _________- of elements in a period change in a pattern
- THe elements in the same group have ________ characteristics
- a a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
- b patterns
- c properties
- d When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
- e similar
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
- Mendeleev, 63
5 True/False Questions
The properties of an element can be predicted from its location in the __________ _______ → properties
THe matter in the sun and its planets originally came from a gigantic _________ → groups
How did Mendeleev arrange the elements? → in order of increasing atomic mass
What do we call it when a star explodes? → a supernova
What is atomic mass? → the average mass of all the isotopes of an element