5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- WHen a helium nucleus fuses with a beryllium nucleus what is formed?
- WHere do the elements come from?
- What are the two differences between Mendeleev's table and the modern periodic table?
- A supernova provides enough energy to create the ________ ____________
- The _________ of an element can be predicted from its location in the periodic table
- a properties
- b heaviest elements
- c stars
- d carbon
- e (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
- (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
5 True/False Questions
By 1869 how many elements had been discovered? → 63
What is plasma? → the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
In 1869 _________ published the first periodic table with ______ elements and three missing elements? → families
From left to right, the properties of elements in a period change in a _________ → properties
The horizontal rows are called _________ → periods