5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is nuclear fusion?
- What do we call it when a star explodes?
- WHen a helium nucleus fuses with a beryllium nucleus what is formed?
- What are the four things (from top to bottom) that are included in each square for an element?
- From left to right the _________- of elements in a period change in a pattern
- a when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars
- b (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
- c carbon
- d a supernova
- e properties
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- periodic table
- the average mass of all the isotopes of an element
- they are blown of into space as the star burns out
5 True/False Questions
The hydrogen is at high pressure and extremely high temperatures and it's state of matter is _______ → plasma
A supernova provides enough energy to create the ________ ____________ → heaviest elements
In 1869 _________ published the first periodic table with ______ elements and three missing elements? → families
Helium builds up in the sun's core and one or two helium nuclei fuse and form _________ → beryllium
What is the most important source of energy in the sun? → a supernova