5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the most important source of energy in the sun?
- What happens to the heavy elements that a supernove creates?
- Dmitri Mendeleev discovered a set of __________ applied to all the elements.
- In the sun when isotopes of hydrogen fuse they make nuclei of ______
- The hydrogen is at high pressure and extremely high temperatures and it's state of matter is _______
- a plasma
- b patterns
- c When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
- d helium
- e they are blown of into space as the star burns out
5 Multiple choice questions
- Henry Moseley in 1913
- (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
- a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
5 True/False questions
The properties of an element can be predicted from its location in the __________ _______ → properties
What is nuclear fusion? → a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
WHere do the elements come from? → when smaller nuclei combine and form larger nuclei - in stars
Helium builds up in the sun's core and one or two helium nuclei fuse and form _________ → beryllium
WHen a helium nucleus fuses with a beryllium nucleus what is formed? → carbon