5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What happens to the heavy elements that a supernove creates?
- Like many stars, the sun is made of mostly which element?
- What do we call it when a star explodes?
- The properties of an element can be predicted from its location in the __________ _______
- What is plasma?
- a they are blown of into space as the star burns out
- b periodic table
- c hydrogen
- d a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
- e a supernova
5 Multiple choice questions
- heaviest elements
5 True/False questions
Fusion keeps going until the core of the star is almost all _________ → iron.
What are the four things (from top to bottom) that are included in each square for an element? → (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
Who discovered a way to measure the positive charge ( the atomic number) on an atom's nucleus? → When hydrogen fuses to form helium nuclei and energy is produced
From left to right the _________- of elements in a period change in a pattern → properties
How did Mendeleev arrange the elements? → a supernova