5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- THe matter in the sun and its planets originally came from a gigantic _________
- What happens to the heavy elements that a supernove creates?
- In 1869 _________ published the first periodic table with ______ elements and three missing elements?
- What do we call it when a star explodes?
- Who discovered a way to measure the positive charge ( the atomic number) on an atom's nucleus?
- a they are blown of into space as the star burns out
- b a supernova
- c Mendeleev, 63
- d supernova
- e Henry Moseley in 1913
5 Multiple choice questions
- a state of matter that is gas-like and is made of free electrons and nuclei of atoms without electrons
- (1)atomic number (number of protons), (2) chemical symbol (3) name (4) atomic mass
5 True/False questions
By 1869 how many elements had been discovered? → 63
What are the two differences between Mendeleev's table and the modern periodic table? → (1) new elements have been added as they were discovered (2) arranged in order of atomic number , NOT atomic mass
How did Mendeleev arrange the elements? → in order of increasing atomic mass
When these nuclei in the plasma collide they join together and form larger nuclei and release huge amounts of ___________ → energy
From left to right, the properties of elements in a period change in a _________ → properties