5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The attribute or aspect of the whole replaces the whole eg The doctor's came to see the APPENDIX in bed three.
- a word that has the same or very similar meaning to another word.
- a form of 'oppositeness', where there is a reciprocal relationship, e.g. buy and sell / lend and borrow
- words that are on a scale, e.g. hot, warm, cool, cold are on a scale of hotness and coldness. They can be 'very' 'fairly' etc.
- a group of related words (which are co-hyponyms - Thornbury), e.g. doctor, dentist, accountant
5 True/False questions
multiple taxonomy/incompatibles → sets of items, using one of which excludes the others in the set, (closed system) eg Monday, Tuesday etc (open-ended) vehicles: cars, bus, lorry, van etc
hyponym → a word that has the same or very similar meaning to another word.
complementaries → a form of 'oppositeness', where there is a reciprocal relationship, e.g. buy and sell / lend and borrow
Superordinate → 'finger' is a __________of 'hand' because a finger is part of a hand
Homonyms → the relationship between words represented by the formula X is a type of Y, as in a mango is a type of fruit. In this case, mango is a _________ of fruit.