5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pyroclastic flow
- Mountain Belt
- Volcanic bombs
- Bombs (or Blocks)
- a Ranges that are close together make up this.
- b The largest rock fragments.
- c Large rock fragments that are thrown from a volcano that can be as large as a house.
- d A dense cloud of superhot gases and rock fragments that races downhill.
- e A type of hot spring where water shoots into the air.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Two important characteristics of pyroclastic flow
- An area of land that rises steeply from the land around it.
- ___________, hot spots, and divergent boundaries are 3 specific places volcanoes form.
- Rapid downhill movement of rock and soil.
- An opening in Earth's crust through which molten rock, rock fragments, and hot gases erupt.
5 True/False Questions
Volcanic Ash → The largest rock fragments.
Violent → An opening in Earth's crust through which molten rock, rock fragments, and hot gases erupt.
Deep Sea Vents → Hot sprigs that form at spreading centers in the ocean.
Ranges → This collects in a chamber before erupting through a volcano.
Composite Volcano → Shaped like a broad, flat dome and made of many thin layers of lava.