← Intro to Health Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Stethoscope parts
- Volume pulse is
- Rectal Normal Range in Celsius
- a the strength or intensity of the pulse. It is described by words such as Strong, Weak, Thready, or Bounding
- b earpieces, tubing, disk or diaphragm
- c 37.0 to 38.1 Degrees Celsius
- d rapid, shallow respiratory rate above 25 respirations per minute
- e A Constant state of fluid balance , it is the Ideal Health state of a human body
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- oral, axillary, rectal, temporal, ear
- the Temporal artery
- brain damage, serious infections.
- refers to the depth and quality of the respiration. Words used to describe are: Deep, Shallow, Labored, Difficult, Stertorous (abnormal sounds like snoring), Moist. Also regular or Irregular
5 True/False Questions
What temperature is the most accurate → rectal temperature
Which 2 temperatures are least accurate → axillary and groin
What is the procedure in taking a tympanic temperature for an adult, child or infant → the forehead must be free of perspiration. Wipe the perspiration away if present.
Respiratory Rate for Adults → Or Postural, Hypotension occurs when there is a sudden drop in both systolic & diastolic pressure when an individual moves from a lying to a sitting or standing position.
Before taking a temperature you must do what first → taken between the two folds of skin formed by the inner part of the thigh and the lower abdomen