5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rift Valley
- a steep cliff or slope formed by erosion or faulting
- b a vast treeless plain in the Arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line. Bushes, grasses, mosses, and similar plants dominate.
- c A long, narrow valley in Earth's crust where two continental plates are separating or between two faults.
- d an area with similar characteristics.
- e movement along a crack (fault) or cracks in the earth's crust
5 Multiple choice questions
- a brief, violently destructive windstorm occurring over land, funnel-shaped
- Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
- low-lying wet land that floods in wet weather
- rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
- slightly salty
5 True/False questions
Climate → the prevailing conditions of precipitation and temperature
Delta → a region formed by deposits of silt or soil at the mouth of a river
Tectonic → an area with similar characteristics.
Fold Mountains → mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
Vortex → Northern, or of the Arctic.