5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Maritime Climate
- Fold Mountains
- a Northern, or of the Arctic.
- b the usual shape of a tornado; tube of winds spiraling at high speeds
- c climate type that is strongly influenced by the closeness of an ocean or other large water body. The annual temperature range tends to be small and precipitation is high.
- d mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
- e rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
5 Multiple choice questions
- climate type that develops away from the influence of the ocean. The annual temperature range tends to be large and precipiation is low.
- Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
- A long, narrow valley in Earth's crust where two continental plates are separating or between two faults.
- the shape of the land
- plants that grow naturally in an area
5 True/False questions
Brackish → low-lying wet land that floods in wet weather
Marsh → Northern, or of the Arctic.
Climate → the prevailing conditions of precipitation and temperature
Tectonic → an area with similar characteristics.
Hurricane → tropical storm with violent wind and heavy rain