5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Maritime Climate
- Rift Valley
- a rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
- b A level bog or swamp found in Canada
- c a brief, violently destructive windstorm occurring over land, funnel-shaped
- d A long, narrow valley in Earth's crust where two continental plates are separating or between two faults.
- e climate type that is strongly influenced by the closeness of an ocean or other large water body. The annual temperature range tends to be small and precipitation is high.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
- Northern, or of the Arctic.
- climate that has warm summers and cool winters
- low-lying wet land that floods in wet weather
- to wear away the surface of the Earth
5 True/False questions
Glaciation → plants that grow naturally in an area
Volcanic Mountains → mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
Sink → an area of low, wet, spongy land
Funnel → the usual shape of a tornado; tube of winds spiraling at high speeds
Climate → a raised area of flat land