5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Volcanic Mountains
- a climate that has warm summers and cool winters
- b movement along a crack (fault) or cracks in the earth's crust
- c a name for trees which lose their leaves every year
- d mountains that form when molten rock erupts onto the earth's surface
- e rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
5 Multiple choice questions
- a brief, violently destructive windstorm occurring over land, funnel-shaped
- Northern, or of the Arctic.
- Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
- slightly salty
- mountains that form where two plates collide and force layers of rock into folds
5 True/False questions
Funnel → A level bog or swamp found in Canada
Glaciation → plants that grow naturally in an area
Maritime Climate → climate type that develops away from the influence of the ocean. The annual temperature range tends to be large and precipiation is low.
Swamp → a place in which liquid collects
Rift Valley → tropical storm with violent wind and heavy rain