5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a tropical storm with violent wind and heavy rain
- b Northern, or of the Arctic.
- c trees such as evergreens that have cones and needle-shaped leaves, and keep their foliage throughout the winter
- d steep cliff or slope formed by erosion or faulting
- e Area on the leeward slope of mountain range where percipitation is greatly reduced compared to the wind ward slope on the other side.
5 Multiple choice questions
- pertaining to the structure of the earth's crust
- rock that is formed from layers of sediments that are pressed and squeezed together until it hardens
- climate that has warm summers and cool winters
- mountains that form when molten rock erupts onto the earth's surface
- plants that grow naturally in an area
5 True/False questions
Delta → a region formed by deposits of silt or soil at the mouth of a river
Tundra → a vast treeless plain in the Arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line. Bushes, grasses, mosses, and similar plants dominate.
Erode → to wear away the surface of the Earth
Brackish → slightly salty
Funnel → the usual shape of a tornado; tube of winds spiraling at high speeds