← Chapter 6 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- s and p
- ductile, malleable, and shiny
- Groups 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A, 7A, 8A
- a metals tend to be _____, ______, and ______
- b p block contains... (expection of helium)
- c grouped elements into triads
- d In the atoms of representative elements, the ___ and ___ sublevels in the highest occupied energy level are partially filled.
- e arranged the elements in his periodic table in order of increasing atomic mass
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an element that tends to be a poor conductor of heat and electric current; properties opposite to those of metals
- f block contains...
- a nonmetal in Group 7A of the periodic table
- For many representative elements, its group number equals the number of electrons in the ______
- The periodic table displays the _____ and _____ of the elements, along with information about the structure of their _____.
5 True/False Questions
Moseley → arranged the elements in his periodic table in order of increasing atomic mass
inner transition metal → f block contains...
noble gas → an element in Group 8A of the periodic table; the s and p sublevels of the highest occupied energy level are filled
metals → one of the class of elements that are good conductors of heat and electric current
properties → Chemists used the _____ of elements to sort them into groups.