5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Columbian Exchange
- northwest passage
- Bartolome de Las Casas
- a below the Peninsulares, they were people who were born in New Spain to Spanish parents
- b Engligh colony in Virginia; located in a swampy area, the colonists suffered from disease spread by mosquitoes, conflicts with Native Americans and starvation.
- c attempted to help Native Americans by asking the King of Spain to enact laws prohibiting their enslavement
- d waterway through or around North America; European nations sent explorers in search of this passage to find a direct water route to Asia, this led to more European nations making use of North American resources
- e the global exchange of goods and ideas resulting from the encounter between the peoples of the Eastern and Western hemispheres
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- in the 1600s, English settlers who sought religious freedom in the Americas; settled the colony of Plymoth in Massachusetts. After struggling to survive their first winter they were helped by Native Americans to better learn how to fish and farm.
- forts where soldiers lived in New Spain
- government in which voters elect representatives to make laws for them
- Wampanoag Indian who helped the Pilgrims to grow native crops
- the mistreatement or punishment of certain people because of their beliefs, like not following the established church of a state
5 True/False Questions
Parliament → example for others to follow in the future
Christopher Colombus → looking for a route to Asia and found the Americas, he did NOT discover America, but his voyage did have a lasting impact! His voyages led to trade between the Eastern and Western Hemispheres
plantation → large estate farmed by many workers
Magna Carta → signed in 1215, a British document that contained two basic ideas: monarchs themselves have to obey the laws, and citizens have basic rights
established church → the chosen religion of a state; most rulers during the 1500s supported this practice.