5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bartolome de Las Casas
- Protestant Reformation
- a Indian empire conquered by the Spanish, many of them died from European diseases
- b attempted to help Native Americans by asking the King of Spain to enact laws prohibiting their enslavement
- c below the Peninsulares, they were people who were born in New Spain to Spanish parents
- d a legal document giving certain rights to a person or company
- e movement to reform the Catholic Church in the 1500s; led to the creation of many different Christian Churches, these religious differences increased rivalries between nations
5 Multiple choice questions
- an area of settlements in North and South America that we conquered by conquistadors.
- to sail completely around the world
- Engligh colony in Virginia; located in a swampy area, the colonists suffered from disease spread by mosquitoes, conflicts with Native Americans and starvation.
- the chosen religion of a state; most rulers during the 1500s supported this practice.
- Wampanoag Indian who helped the Pilgrims to grow native crops
5 True/False questions
Christopher Colombus → below the Peninsulares, they were people who were born in New Spain to Spanish parents
plantation → the mistreatement or punishment of certain people because of their beliefs, like not following the established church of a state
House of Burgesses → representative assembly in colonial Virginia; it began a tradition of representative government in the English colonies
peninsulares → top social class of New Spain, people who were born in Spain and held the highest jobs in government and the Church.
Columbian Exchange → the global exchange of goods and ideas resulting from the encounter between the peoples of the Eastern and Western hemispheres