5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- established church
- a Indian empire conquered by the Spanish, many of them died from European diseases
- b religious settlements run by Catholic priests and friars
- c top social class of New Spain, people who were born in Spain and held the highest jobs in government and the Church.
- d an agreement between nations to aid and protect one another
- e the chosen religion of a state; most rulers during the 1500s supported this practice.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- large estate farmed by many workers
- an area of settlements in North and South America that we conquered by conquistadors.
- edge of New Spain that stretched form present day Florida to present day California, explorers met a stron Indian resistance here
- Engligh colony in Virginia; located in a swampy area, the colonists suffered from disease spread by mosquitoes, conflicts with Native Americans and starvation.
- a 1620 agreement written by the Pilgrims to govern their colony by establishing laws for the general good
5 True/False Questions
encomiendas → Indian empire that eventually lost control of their government to the Spanish because of fighting among themselves
Pilgrims → in the 1600s, English settlers who sought religious freedom in the Americas; settled the colony of Plymoth in Massachusetts. After struggling to survive their first winter they were helped by Native Americans to better learn how to fish and farm.
Parliament → representative assembly in England
creoles → towns in New Spain
coureurs de bois → spanish conquerors