5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Blank Cheque
- Collective Security
- a a system for international peace
- b A cheque bearing a signature but no stated amount.
- c Any of the territories under the trusteeship of the League of Nations administered by one of its member states.
- d Payments made by a defeated country to the victorious countries as compensation for war damages and punishment for aggression.
- e The principle that countries should be established according to the wishes of the people concerned. The aspiration of racial groups sharing territory, language, or religion to form their own national state.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A vote by which the people of an entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler.
- A desire to recover former territory.
- An article from the Covenant of the League under which members of the League agreed to use their power to resist aggression wherever it might occur. This is also known as the collective security clause.
- This is article 231 of the Treaty of Versailles in which Germany agreed to accept full responsibility for the outbreak of the First World War.
- The difference in value between the total exports and total imports of a country during a specific period of time.
5 True/False Questions
League of Nations → An international organization created in 1919. It was designed to provide a method of resolving international tensions in a peaceful manner through the concept of collective security.
Diktat → The German term for the Treaty of Versailles which they were forced to sign without being allowed to negotiate any of the details. This was an important factor in the anti-Versailles resentment of later years.
Realpolitik → An approach to international relations based on practical self-interest rather than moral or ideological considerations.
Total war → A war in which opponents mobilize all available societal resources-economic, industrial, military, human, political/ideological-in the war effort
Lebensraum → A vote by which the people of an entire country or district express an opinion for or against a proposal especially on a choice of government or ruler.