5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- decomposition reactions:
- two soluble reactions:
- single replacement:
- Diatomic elements:
- solubility rule 5:
- a 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
- b have no reaction
- c they form a 7 on the periodic table: H, N, F,Cl,O,Br,I. all have a 2 at the end
- d except for those in rule 1, carbonates, hydroxides, oxides, sulfides, and phosphates are insoluble.
- e a+bc= b+ac
5 Multiple choice questions
- will occur only if: both products are soluble, and it is a reaction between a acid and a base! memorize solubility rules!
- 1)metal oxides + h2o form metal oh.
2) nonmetal oxides + h2o form oxy-acids.
3) alkali metals react readily with halogens to form salts.
4) many metals react readily with oxyen to form metal oxides.
- will react with acids to produce a salt + h2
5 True/False questions
single replacement rules: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
Combustion reactions: → hydrocarbon + o2= co2 + h2o
Synthesis: → are at the right of the equation, they always stay there never change!
if it has H2SO4: → this means a catalyst is present!
solubility rule 1: → binary compounds of group 17 other than F with metals are soluble except those of silver, mercury I, and lead