5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Double replacement:
- single replacement:
- single replacement rules:
- one soluble and one insoluble:
- a a+bc= b+ac
- b a+b=ab
- c have a reaction
- d ab+cd=cb+ad
- e metals replace metals visversa! metals can replace hydrogen.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- this means the reaction is heated!
- react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
- a element can replace any element in a compound if the element in the compound is below it on the electromotive series.
- 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
- they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
5 True/False Questions
Synthesis reactions: → 1)metal oxides + h2o form metal oh.
2) nonmetal oxides + h2o form oxy-acids.
3) alkali metals react readily with halogens to form salts.
4) many metals react readily with oxyen to form metal oxides.
solubility rule 5: → group 1A and ammonium is soluble!
the middle arrow: → this means a catalyst is present!
single replacement rxns with nonmetals: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
if it has H2SO4: → a+b=ab