5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In single replacement rxns:
- if a yield sign has a triangle on top:
- law of conservation of mass:
- both insoluble:
- a the reactions does occur
- b a element can replace any element in a compound if the element in the compound is below it on the electromotive series.
- c matter is neither created nor destroyed!
- d this means the reaction is heated!
- e react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- will occur only if: both products are soluble, and it is a reaction between a acid and a base! memorize solubility rules!
- 1)metal oxides + h2o form metal oh.
2) nonmetal oxides + h2o form oxy-acids.
3) alkali metals react readily with halogens to form salts.
4) many metals react readily with oxyen to form metal oxides.
- only use the periodic table, no electromotive series! a nonmetal can replace a nonmetal below itself on the periodic table!
f, o, cl, br, i
5 True/False Questions
two soluble reactions: → have no reaction
k-pb: → react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
single replacement rules: → metals replace metals visversa! metals can replace hydrogen.
the middle arrow: → yields
solubility rule 2: → nitrates and acetates are soluble.