5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- single replacement rules:
- Double replacement:
- if the yield sign has elec:
- a are at the right of the equation, they always stay there never change!
- b react with liquid water to produce a base + h2 (oh and h2)
- c this means electricity is used!
- d ab+cd=cb+ad
- e metals replace metals visversa! metals can replace hydrogen.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a+bc= b+ac
- 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
- a element can replace any element in a compound if the element in the compound is below it on the electromotive series.
- only use the periodic table, no electromotive series! a nonmetal can replace a nonmetal below itself on the periodic table!
f, o, cl, br, i
5 True/False Questions
if it has H2SO4: → a+b=ab
Single replacement rxns: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
on the left is the: → products
two soluble reactions: → hydrocarbon + o2= co2 + h2o
law of conservation of mass: → matter is neither created nor destroyed!