5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- solubility rule 2:
- if a yield sign has a triangle on top:
- single replacement rxns with nonmetals:
- if it has H2SO4:
- solubility rule 5:
- a this means the reaction is heated!
- b except for those in rule 1, carbonates, hydroxides, oxides, sulfides, and phosphates are insoluble.
- c nitrates and acetates are soluble.
- d only use the periodic table, no electromotive series! a nonmetal can replace a nonmetal below itself on the periodic table!
f, o, cl, br, i
- e this means a catalyst is present!
5 Multiple choice questions
- all sulfates are soluble except those of barium, strontium, lead, calcium, silver, and mercury I.
- 1)metal oxides + h2o form metal oh.
2) nonmetal oxides + h2o form oxy-acids.
3) alkali metals react readily with halogens to form salts.
4) many metals react readily with oxyen to form metal oxides.
- will react with acids to produce a salt + h2
- have no reaction
- chemical bonds are broken, atoms are rearranged and new chemical bonds are formed.
5 True/False questions
one soluble and one insoluble: → have a reaction
Synthesis: → are at the right of the equation, they always stay there never change!
k-na → react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
single replacement: → ab+cd=cb+ad
Double replacement: → ab+cd=cb+ad