5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A chemical reaction occurs when:
- Double replacement reactions:
- solubility rule 3:
- on the right is the:
- a chemical bonds are broken, atoms are rearranged and new chemical bonds are formed.
- b will occur only if: both products are soluble, and it is a reaction between a acid and a base! memorize solubility rules!
- c binary compounds of group 17 other than F with metals are soluble except those of silver, mercury I, and lead
- d react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
- e products
5 Multiple choice questions
- they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
- have a reaction
- 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
- will react with acids to produce a salt + h2
- matter is neither created nor destroyed!
5 True/False questions
Diatomic elements: → a+bc= b+ac
the middle arrow: → this means a catalyst is present!
single replacement rules: → metals replace metals visversa! metals can replace hydrogen.
single replacement: → a+bc= b+ac
Synthesis: → a+b=ab