5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- if a yield sign has a triangle on top:
- Synthesis reactions:
- A chemical reaction occurs when:
- a ab=a+b
- b this means the reaction is heated!
- c a+b=ab
- d chemical bonds are broken, atoms are rearranged and new chemical bonds are formed.
- e 1)metal oxides + h2o form metal oh.
2) nonmetal oxides + h2o form oxy-acids.
3) alkali metals react readily with halogens to form salts.
4) many metals react readily with oxyen to form metal oxides.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- have no reaction
- are at the right of the equation, they always stay there never change!
- this means a catalyst is present!
- the reactions does occur
5 True/False Questions
Double replacement: → a+bc= b+ac
Single replacement rxns: → they have to do with the electromotive series. it arranges most reacted to least reacted.
Combustion reactions: → 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
solubility rule 5: → all sulfates are soluble except those of barium, strontium, lead, calcium, silver, and mercury I.
single replacement rxns with nonmetals: → only use the periodic table, no electromotive series! a nonmetal can replace a nonmetal below itself on the periodic table!
f, o, cl, br, i