5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- if the yield sign has elec:
- Synthesis reactions:
- solubility rule 4:
- on the left is the:
- decomposition reactions:
- a all sulfates are soluble except those of barium, strontium, lead, calcium, silver, and mercury I.
- b this means electricity is used!
- c reactants
- d 1) some metallic hydroxides when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
2) some oxy-acids when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + h20
3) some metallic carbonates when heated decompose to form a metal oxide + carbon dioxide
4) some metallic chlorates when heated decompose to form a metal chloride + oxygen gas
5) most metallic osides are stable but few decompose when heated to form a metal + o gas
6) some compounds can be decomposed by electricity into their elements.
- e 1)metal oxides + h2o form metal oh.
2) nonmetal oxides + h2o form oxy-acids.
3) alkali metals react readily with halogens to form salts.
4) many metals react readily with oxyen to form metal oxides.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- they form a 7 on the periodic table: H, N, F,Cl,O,Br,I. all have a 2 at the end
- react with liquid water to produce a base + h2 (oh and h2)
- a+bc= b+ac
- hydrocarbon + o2= co2 + h2o
- metals replace metals visversa! metals can replace hydrogen.
5 True/False Questions
Single replacement rxns: → metals replace metals visversa! metals can replace hydrogen.
on the right is the: → products
solubility rule 2: → nitrates and acetates are soluble.
k-cd: → react with steam to produce a metaloxide + h2 (h2o and h2)
solubility rule 3: → binary compounds of group 17 other than F with metals are soluble except those of silver, mercury I, and lead