5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fat digestion produce?
- Glucose Metabolism
- Krebs Cycle
- a Loose, watery, frequent stools
Symptoms of diseases/infections
Can cause dehydration
- b *AKA (Citric Acid Cycle)
*Handles other substrates
*Intermediate molecules used: proteins & lipids
*Replenishment of intermediates necessary
- c Helps maintain a constant body temp. by balancing the amt of heat lost w/the heat produced.
*Increased Sweat Production
- d Carb-> Glycogen->glucose ->glycogen
- e Glycerol & Fatty Acids
5 Multiple choice questions
*dead mucosal cells
*non-absorbed remains of digestion
- Large amounts of heat.
- *High CHO, osmolality, protein/amino acids & low pH
- Broken down(Catabolism), known as glycolysis, occurs in the Cytoplasm in the Anaerobic. Produces +2 ATP molecules.
5 True/False questions
Fat-soluble nutrient go into?
(lacteals are lymph digest system) → Lymph
How is Heat Primarily Dissipated? → *Surface of Skin
*Second, thru expiration of air
*Elimination of urine & Feces
The heat loss thru skin is called?
Bruni's Note:Rubbing alcohol on skin cools a person down when fever is present,(This practice is dangerous per internet research, and should not be used) → Evaporation
Diverticulosis → Abnormal side pockets in the intestinal wall;
High fiber diet decreases formation,
Absorptive Mechanisms → The least amt of energy needed to maintain life while body is at rest.