5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Does Electrolyte need to be replaced during exercise?
- Saliva Glands
- The transfer of heat by air currents. i.e. air conditioner
- a *Parotid
- b Convection
- c What is Inorganic substances necessary for body functions. i.e. muscle contraction Essential to health?
- d No, loss is minimal
- e Sphincters; prevent back-flow (influenced by nervous system).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Fat yield twice the amt of energy (per unit wt) as proteins or carbs.
- Dilation & Constriction of superficial blood vessels.
- *Pores; carriers; pumps; pinocytosis (drinking in)
* Not just a process of diffusion
*Active "shuttle" transport
*Carriers are specific
*Take energy (kCal) for digestion; Dietary induced thermagenesis
5 True/False Questions
the direct transfer of heat from one substance to another substance that it is touching. i.e. ice pack, touching hot tea cup → Convection
Digestion is affected by: → Glycerol & Fatty Acids
Glycogenesis → (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
Digestion in Small Stomach/ Small Intestine → * Receipt, maceration & transport of ingested substance & waste prod.
*Secretion of acid, mucus, digest enzymes, bile & oth materials
*Digestion of ingested foodstuffs
*Absorption of materials
*Storage of waste products
Proteins breaks down (Catabolism) to? → The least amt of energy needed to maintain life while body is at rest.