5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nervous System
- Glycogen breaks down (Catabolism) to?
- When at rest.
- Digestive System 7 Functions
- a (Anabolism/build up)Glucose to glycogen
- b Regulate GI activity
*Local system of nerves
*Central Nervous System
- c * Receipt, maceration & transport of ingested substance & waste prod.
*Secretion of acid, mucus, digest enzymes, bile & oth materials
*Digestion of ingested foodstuffs
*Absorption of materials
*Storage of waste products
- d Abdominal organs produce most of the body heat when?
- e Glucose
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Hormonal System
- What is Inorganic substances necessary for body functions. i.e. muscle contraction Essential to health?
- Dilation & Constriction of superficial blood vessels.
- *AKA (Citric Acid Cycle)
*Handles other substrates
*Intermediate molecules used: proteins & lipids
*Replenishment of intermediates necessary
- *Surface of Skin
*Second, thru expiration of air
*Elimination of urine & Feces
5 True/False Questions
Feces → Sphincters; prevent back-flow (influenced by nervous system).
The transfer of heat by air currents. i.e. air conditioner → Convection
Glucose → Contains:
*dead mucosal cells
*non-absorbed remains of digestion
Fat-soluble nutrient go into?
(lacteals are lymph digest system) → Lymph
Hypothalamus → Amino acids to proteins, glucose to starch