5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alpha hydroxy acids
- a Acids derived from plants, mostly fruit, and used to exfoliate the skin
- b Procedure or condition that requires avoding certain treatment to prevent undesirable side effects.
- c a positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device
- d Massage movement accomplished by grasping the flesh firmly in one hand and moving the hand up and down along the bone while the other hand keeps the arm or leg in a steady position.
- e Form of petrissage in which the tissue is grasped, gently lifted, and spread out; used mainly for massaging the arms.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mask treatments for dry skin that do not harden or dry on the face.
- therapeutic use of essential oils
- Clay preparations used to stimulate circulation and temporary contract the pores of the skin
- Chemical exfoliants that involve the use of enzymes that help speed up the breakdown of keratin, the protein in skin.
- a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device
5 True/False Questions
gommage → Special cosmetic preparations applied to the face to tighten, tone, hydrate, and nourish the skin.
friction → Removal of excess dead cells from the skin surface.
couperose → European term describing areas of diffuse redness and dilated red capillaries.
exfoliants → Ingredient that assists in the process of exfoliation.
fresheners → Liquid the helps remove excess oil in the skin.