5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Alpha hydroxy acids
- a Massage movement accomplished by grasping the flesh firmly in one hand and moving the hand up and down along the bone while the other hand keeps the arm or leg in a steady position.
- b European term describing areas of diffuse redness and dilated red capillaries.
- c Acids derived from plants, mostly fruit, and used to exfoliate the skin
- d Light, continuous-stroking massage movement applied with fingers and palms in a slow and rhythmic manner.
- e Liquid that helps remove the excess oil in the skin
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Procedure or condition that requires avoding certain treatment to prevent undesirable side effects.
- Skin that does not produce enough sebum, indicated by absence of visble pores.
- Form of petrissage in which the tissue is grasped, gently lifted, and spread out; used mainly for massaging the arms.
- Oil or fatty ingredients that prevent moisture from leaving the skin.
- Mask treatments for dry skin that do not harden or dry on the face.
5 True/False Questions
gommage → enzyme peels in which a cream is applied to the skin before steaming and forms a hardened crust that is then massaged or rolled off the skin also called vegtal peeling
chemical exfoliants → Chemical agent that dissolves dead skin cells.
anode → a positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device
electrode → an applicator for directing the electric current from the machine to the clients skin
enzyme peels → Chemical exfoliants that involve the use of enzymes that help speed up the breakdown of keratin, the protein in skin.