5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cleansing milks
- a Light, continuous-stroking massage movement applied with fingers and palms in a slow and rhythmic manner.
- b Nonfoaming lotion cleanser for the face.
- c Form of petrissage in which the tissue is grasped, gently lifted, and spread out; used mainly for massaging the arms.
- d Chopping movement performed with the edges of the hands in massage.
- e Liquid that helps remove the excess oil in the skin
5 Multiple choice questions
- Procedure or condition that requires avoding certain treatment to prevent undesirable side effects.
- a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device
- European term describing areas of diffuse redness and dilated red capillaries.
- Chemical exfoliants that involve the use of enzymes that help speed up the breakdown of keratin, the protein in skin.
- Wash-off product that contains a surfacant.
5 True/False questions
Alpha hydroxy acids → Acids derived from plants, mostly fruit, and used to exfoliate the skin
humectants → Substances that absorb moisture or promote the retention of moisture.
closed comedones → an applicator for directing the electric current from the machine to the clients skin
masks → a positively charged electrode by which electrons leave an electrical device
Brushing machine → Chopping movement performed with the edges of the hands in massage.