5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Brushing machine
- a A rotating electric appliance with interchanheable brushes that can be attached to the rotating head.
- b Removal of excess dead cells from the skin surface.
- c Liquid the helps remove excess oil in the skin.
- d Chopping movement performed with the edges of the hands in massage.
- e Massage movement accomplished by grasping the flesh firmly in one hand and moving the hand up and down along the bone while the other hand keeps the arm or leg in a steady position.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Clogged follicles just under trhe skin surface.
- Substances that help speed up the breakdon of the keratin, the protein of skin.
- Form of petrissage in which the tissue is grasped, gently lifted, and spread out; used mainly for massaging the arms.
- Substances that absorb moisture or promote the retention of moisture.
- Oil or fatty ingredients that prevent moisture from leaving the skin.
5 True/False questions
light therapy → Application of light erays to the skin for treating disorders.
gommage → Special cosmetic preparations applied to the face to tighten, tone, hydrate, and nourish the skin.
anode → a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device
enzyme peels → Chemical exfoliants that involve the use of enzymes that help speed up the breakdown of keratin, the protein in skin.
clay based masks → Clay preparations used to stimulate circulation and temporary contract the pores of the skin