5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- foaming cleansers
- Alpha hydroxy acids
- a Acids derived from plants, mostly fruit, and used to exfoliate the skin
- b Oil or fatty ingredients that prevent moisture from leaving the skin.
- c Special cosmetic preparations applied to the face to tighten, tone, hydrate, and nourish the skin.
- d Wash-off product that contains a surfacant.
- e Light, continuous-stroking massage movement applied with fingers and palms in a slow and rhythmic manner.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Deep rubbing movement requiring pressure on the skin with the fingers or palm while moving them over an underlying structure.
- enzyme peels in which a cream is applied to the skin before steaming and forms a hardened crust that is then massaged or rolled off the skin also called vegtal peeling
- a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device
- Skin that does not produce enough sebum, indicated by absence of visble pores.
- Sealed glass vials containing highly concentrated extract in a water or oil base.
5 True/False questions
light therapy → therapeutic use of essential oils
electrode → a negatively charged electrode that is the source of electrons in an electrical device
cream masks → Mask treatments for dry skin that do not harden or dry on the face.
chemical exfoliants → Chemical agent that dissolves dead skin cells.
hacking → Chopping movement performed with the edges of the hands in massage.