← acid base balance Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- oncotic pressure
- anion gap
- electronic infusion device
- a puncture of a vein to remove blood, instill a medication, or start an intravenous infusion
- b EID - a piece of medical equipment that delivers intravenous fluids at a prescribed rate through an intravenous catheter
- c The osmotic pressure in the blood vessels due only to plasma proteins (primarily albumin) --> causes water to rush back into capillaries at end.
- d deficiency of magnesium in the blood plasma
- e difference between the concentrations of serum cations and anions, determined by measuring the concentrations of sodium cations and chloride and bicarbonate anions.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- ABG, measures the partial pressures of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the arterial blood
- device that delivers fluids and medications under positive pressure.
- abnormally low level of sodium in the blood
- a substance that dissolves in water to give a solution that conducts an electric current
- energy-requiring process that moves material across a cell membrane against a concentration difference
5 True/False Questions
homologous transfusion → transfusion prepared from another individual whose blood is compatible with that of the recipient. Also called allogeneic transfusion
hypernatremia → the presence of abnormally high levels of calcium in the blood
homeostasis → lysis of erythrocytes with the release of hemoglobin
hypochloremia → deficiency of chloride in the blood plasma
hypokalemia → abnormally low level of calcium in the blood