5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What sample does a PT test require?
- How do you perform a bleeding time test?
- What sample is required for an APTT test?
- What pathway(s) does the APTT test evaluate?
- Define PT
- a whole blood plasma in blue top citrate tube
- b plasma in blue top citrate tube
- c measure time for a small wound to stop bleeding
- d prothrombin time
- e intrinsic and common
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- SCA 2000 machine; heat block and watch for clot; fibrometer
- increased breakdown of fibrin clots in the body
- to screen for anticoagulant poisoning and clotting defects
- warfarin rodenticide, moldy sweet clover
- 1, 2, 5, 10, 13
5 True/False Questions
What is FDP? → fibrin degradation products
What is the mechanical phase? → coagulation cascade; fibrin complexes form on surface of platelet plug
What is the chemical phase? → Activation of coagulation cascade
Is Hemophilia A a primary or secondary defect? → primary
Hemostasis → activated partial thromboplastin time