← Skeletal Muscle I Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- vitamin E, selenium
- a term for abnormalities of the spinal cord that are associated with muscle abnormalities
- b monensin can be toxic when it causes death of skeletal and cardiac muscle due to and overload of what?
- c classification of muscle injury when there are multiple episodes of necrosis
- d in what species does re-peripheralization not take place post-regeneration (acting as a marker for previous muscle damage)?
- e white muscle disease is due to a deficiency in what two compounds?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- white muscle disease occurs when there is an increased number of free radicals in the muscle that damage the cell membranes and mitochondria and allow an influx of what?
- 2 main histological findings of muscle necrosis and regeneration
- condition mostly of draft horses where there is an abnormal accumulation of intracellular glycogen
- 3 locations where there will be visible muscle pallor in a young animal with white muscle disease
- homozygotes with hyperkalemic periodic paralysis (HYPP) often die due to what condition?
5 True/False Questions
arthrogryposis → in utero infection or toxic ingestion that causes CNS and PNS lesions that leads to the failure of innervation of muscles causing myofibers to fail to develop and are replaced by adipose tissue resulting in deformation of the limbs
2-4 days → how long does rigor mortis usually last?
melanosis → 1 cause of muscle to turn black
laryngeal hemiplasia → condition where there is denervation atrophy of the cricoarytenoideus dorsalis
multifocal monophasic → classification of muscle injury when in multiple locations, but occurred as a single episode