5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- terra cotta
- a To dig out of the ground or from a grave; to disinter.
- b Ceramic clay used in pottery, statuary, and construction.
- c allowing light to show through; translucent; delicate.
- d 1. to go to the country.
2. To cause to become rustic.
- e The condition of taking abnormally fast, deep breaths.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A swindler; a charlatan; a trickster.
- A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.
- 1. An outlet; an opening for passage of liquids, fumes, or sometimes air.
2. To utter; to express, especially in relieving strong feelings.
- An exaggeration; a figure expressing excess.
- Of chief importance; primary; foremost.
5 True/False questions
inter → To bury; to place in a grave.
equanimity → 1. A powerful feeling of hostility or antagonism; hatred.
2. An animating spirit.
apogee → The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
perigee → The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
terrestrial → 1. Pertaining to the earth and its inhabitants.
2. Referring to land as distinct from water or air.