← Vocab 9/10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a 1. Pertaining to the earth and its inhabitants.
2. Referring to land as distinct from water or air.
- b 1. An outlet; an opening for passage of liquids, fumes, or sometimes air.
2. To utter; to express, especially in relieving strong feelings.
- c The condition of taking abnormally fast, deep breaths.
- d 1. Far north; Arctic.
2. Very cold; frigid.
- e 1. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
2. A revelation; a flash of understanding of the true nature of something.
3. (capitalized) A Christian festival, Jan 6, celebrating the visit of the Wise Men to the Christ Child.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.
- 1. Referring to the center of the earth in measurement or observation.
2. Considering the earth as the center of a planetary system.
- The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
- 1. Pertaining to a Christian minister or the duties accompanying the office.
2. Referring to life in open country or to fields for farming or grazing.
3. Pertaining to an idealized rural life.
5 True/False Questions
aspiration → Dejected; discouraged; gloomy
dispirited → 1. Strong desire for achievement; ambition toward a long-range goal.
2. Expulsion of breath in speaking.
diaphanous → allowing light to show through; translucent; delicate.
ether → 1. Spiritlike in lightness and delicacy.
2. Heavenly; celestial.
apogee → The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.