5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- b Of chief importance; primary; foremost.
- c 1. Far north; Arctic.
2. Very cold; frigid.
- d To dig out of the ground or from a grave; to disinter.
- e 1. Pertaining to the earth and its inhabitants.
2. Referring to land as distinct from water or air.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. Spiritlike in lightness and delicacy.
2. Heavenly; celestial.
- 1. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
2. A revelation; a flash of understanding of the true nature of something.
3. (capitalized) A Christian festival, Jan 6, celebrating the visit of the Wise Men to the Christ Child.
- Ceramic clay used in pottery, statuary, and construction.
- allowing light to show through; translucent; delicate.
- A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.
5 True/False questions
aspiration → 1. Strong desire for achievement; ambition toward a long-range goal.
2. Expulsion of breath in speaking.
dispirited → Dejected; discouraged; gloomy
hyperbole → An exaggeration; a figure expressing excess.
geocentric → 1. Referring to the center of the earth in measurement or observation.
2. Considering the earth as the center of a planetary system.
pusillanimous → Cowardly; fearful.