← Vocab 9/10 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Cowardly; fearful.
- b 1. Spiritlike in lightness and delicacy.
2. Heavenly; celestial.
- c The condition of taking abnormally fast, deep breaths.
- d Of chief importance; primary; foremost.
- e A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
2. A revelation; a flash of understanding of the true nature of something.
3. (capitalized) A Christian festival, Jan 6, celebrating the visit of the Wise Men to the Christ Child.
- 1. The point in its orbit when a planet or satellite (usually the moon) is farthest from the earth
2. The highest point; culmination; apex
- A flatterer seeking favors or gain; a servile self-seeker.
- 1. An outlet; an opening for passage of liquids, fumes, or sometimes air.
2. To utter; to express, especially in relieving strong feelings.
- 1. to go to the country.
2. To cause to become rustic.
5 True/False Questions
perigee → The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
pastoral → 1. Pertaining to a Christian minister or the duties accompanying the office.
2. Referring to life in open country or to fields for farming or grazing.
3. Pertaining to an idealized rural life.
animus → 1. A powerful feeling of hostility or antagonism; hatred.
2. An animating spirit.
exhume → 1. The regions of space beyond the earth's atmosphere; the heavens.
2. A highly flammable liquid anesthetic.
hyperbole → An exaggeration; a figure expressing excess.