5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- terra cotta
- a An exaggeration; a figure expressing excess.
- b 1. Pertaining to a Christian minister or the duties accompanying the office.
2. Referring to life in open country or to fields for farming or grazing.
3. Pertaining to an idealized rural life.
- c Ceramic clay used in pottery, statuary, and construction.
- d 1. Pertaining to the earth and its inhabitants.
2. Referring to land as distinct from water or air.
- e allowing light to show through; translucent; delicate.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1. to go to the country.
2. To cause to become rustic.
- 1. Typical of country life and people; simple; rough.
2. A rural person.
- Composure and calm in stressful conditions; equilibrium.
- A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.
5 True/False questions
perigee → 1. The point in its orbit when a planet or satellite (usually the moon) is farthest from the earth
2. The highest point; culmination; apex
hyperborean → 1. Far north; Arctic.
2. Very cold; frigid.
epiphany → A flatterer seeking favors or gain; a servile self-seeker.
ethereal → 1. Spiritlike in lightness and delicacy.
2. Heavenly; celestial.
humus → Rich, dark organic material formed by decay of vegetable matter, essential to soil's fertility.