5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- terra cotta
- a Of chief importance; primary; foremost.
- b A swindler; a charlatan; a trickster.
- c Ceramic clay used in pottery, statuary, and construction.
- d 1. Far north; Arctic.
2. Very cold; frigid.
- e 1. Strong desire for achievement; ambition toward a long-range goal.
2. Expulsion of breath in speaking.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Composure and calm in stressful conditions; equilibrium.
- The point in its orbit when a planet or a satellite (usually the moon) is nearest the earth.
- A high ridge of land jutting into a body of water; a headland.
- 1. The point in its orbit when a planet or satellite (usually the moon) is farthest from the earth
2. The highest point; culmination; apex
- The condition of taking abnormally fast, deep breaths.
5 True/False Questions
diaphanous → 1. A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.
2. A revelation; a flash of understanding of the true nature of something.
3. (capitalized) A Christian festival, Jan 6, celebrating the visit of the Wise Men to the Christ Child.
pusillanimous → Cowardly; fearful.
vent → 1. An outlet; an opening for passage of liquids, fumes, or sometimes air.
2. To utter; to express, especially in relieving strong feelings.
epiphany → A flatterer seeking favors or gain; a servile self-seeker.
phantasm → A phantom; an apparition; something unreal, as in a dream or a vision.