5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a n. exhaustion resulting from lack of food, lack of strenth or spirit
- b n. something having the property of being analogous to something else
- c n. any of a number of related plants of a genus of the buttercup family, with cup-shaped flowers that are usually white, pink, red or purple
- d n. the act of calling down a curse that invokes evil (and usually serves as an insult)
- e adj. having various forms
5 Multiple choice questions
- n. a small bottle that contains a drug (especially a sealed sterile container for injection by needle)
- n. Pretentious elegance; ostentation.
- n. cheap showy jewelry or ornament on clothing
- -verb (used with object)
1. to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.
2. to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.
3. to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.
4. to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).
5. to slacken; abate; relax:
6. to give back: to remit an overpayment.
7. Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.
8. to put back into a previous position or condition.
9. to put off; postpone; defer.
-verb (used without object)
13. to transmit money, a check, etc., as in payment.
14. to abate for a time or at intervals, as a fever.
15. to slacken; abate.
- adj. expressing antithesis or opposition
5 True/False questions
cerebrum → n. anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres
lineaments → n. baggage or equipment especially things that hinder progress; encumbrances
impedimenta → n. any of the features of the body, usually the face
archon → n. 1 one of the chief magistrates of ancient Athens 2 a ruler or chief officer
phlogiston → n. a hypothetical substance once believed to be present in all combustible materials and to be released during burning