5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a -verb (used with object)
1. to transmit or send (money, a check, etc.) to a person or place, usually in payment.
2. to refrain from inflicting or enforcing, as a punishment, sentence, etc.
3. to refrain from exacting, as a payment or service.
4. to pardon or forgive (a sin, offense, etc.).
5. to slacken; abate; relax:
6. to give back: to remit an overpayment.
7. Law . to send back (a case) to an inferior court for further action.
8. to put back into a previous position or condition.
9. to put off; postpone; defer.
-verb (used without object)
13. to transmit money, a check, etc., as in payment.
14. to abate for a time or at intervals, as a fever.
15. to slacken; abate.
- b adj. 1 bringing or carrying disease 2 dangerous to morals or to the welfare of society; noxious, evil
- c adj. expressing antithesis or opposition
- d n. 1 one of the chief magistrates of ancient Athens 2 a ruler or chief officer
- e n. night prayer
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- n. loud applause or strong approval
- n. the act of calling down a curse that invokes evil (and usually serves as an insult)
- n. baggage or equipment especially things that hinder progress; encumbrances
- n. something having the property of being analogous to something else
- n. any two places or regions on diametrically opposite sides of the Earth
5 True/False Questions
lineaments → n. baggage or equipment especially things that hinder progress; encumbrances
bumptious → adj. evincing the presence of a deity
asymptotic → n. any two places or regions on diametrically opposite sides of the Earth
turbid → adj. (of especially liquids) clouded as with sediment
cerebrum → n. anterior portion of the brain consisting of two hemispheres