5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Peripheral Nervous System (PNS)
- Third line of defense
- right atrium
- a identifies and attacks a specific pathogen
- b body attacks itself
- c Nerves that extend out from the CNS; made of sensory and motor neurons
- d recieves oxygen poor blood from the body (through Vena Cava)
- e "big eater"; identifies and eats pathogens, calls for help if necessary
5 Multiple choice questions
- Part of the CNS that carries information toward and away from the brain.
- division of the PNS that recieves information from the external environment (senses)
- marker protein that can trigger an immune response; "name tag"
- part of the nerve cell that carries information away from the cell body; one per nerve cell
- controls sensory processing and motor responses
5 True/False questions
nerve impulse → carry blood back to the heart
neurotransmitter → chemicals that carry impulses across teh synaptic cleft
immunodeficiency → memory B and T cells fight pathogens so we don't get sick
antibodies → "chemical handcuffs" released by B cells that bind to a pathogen and disable it.
Aorta → artery that recieves oxygen rich blood from the left ventricle and sends it to the body