← Seasons Test
7 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- This is located between the tropics and the polar circles (23.5 to 66.5) in each hemisphere.
- The summer solstice in the northern hemisphere. The sun is directly above the Tropic of Cancer. It is the longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
- It takes about 28 days for the moon to revolve around the Earth.
- The weather (precipitation/temperature) patterns of a certain area over a long period of time.
- tropical,temperate, polar
- The spinning of the Earth on it's axis. This causes day and night. It takes 24 hours or 1 day.
6 True/False Questions
Cause of seasons → The tilt of the Earth's axis and the orbit of the Earth around the Sun.
tropical climate zone → This is located between the tropics and the polar circles (23.5 to 66.5) in each hemisphere.
3 words that make up insolation → INcoming SOLar radiATION
Tilt of the Earth → 23.5 degrees
December 21st or 22nd → The winter solstice in the northern hemisphere. The Sun is directly above the Tropic of Capricorn. It is the shortest day of the year in the northern hemisphere.
direction of Earth's revolution → A measure of how high the Sun is in the sky.
This affects us daily as well as seasonally.
The higher the angle, the warmer it is.