6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- the process of establishing the age of an object by determining the number of years it has existed
- The largest division of geologic time.
- the remains or physical evidence of an organism preserved by geologic processes
- A principle that states that younger rocks lie above older rocks if the layers have not been disturbed.
- A person who studies fossils.
- fossils or organisms that lived during a relatively short, well-defined geologic time span
6 True/False Questions
Relative dating → Any method of determining whether an event or object is older or younger than other events or objects.
Trace fossil → fossils or organisms that lived during a relatively short, well-defined geologic time span
Mold → A cavity in rock where a plant or animal was buried.
period → The second largest division of geologic time that includes two or more periods.
Epoch → Subdivisions of periods.
Unconformity → a surface that represents a missing part of the geologic column