Cell Parts and Membrane Transportation
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- rough endoplasmic reticulum
- a anchors ribosomes in protein synthesis, accepts and modifies newly transcribed proteins and sends to golgi apparatus
- b contains DNA, controls cell activities, including cell division
- c endocytosis of large particles
- d site of protein synthesis
- e large vesicles. In plants, function to store water and nutrients, help support plant due to Turgor pressure
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- *in plant cells, contain photosynthetic pigments that turn light, CO2, and H20 into glucose
- current model of membrane structure. A phospholipid fluid sea is embedded with a wide variety ("mosaic") of protein molecules.
- *in animals only, function in cell division
- solution that has greater concentration of solute as the cells it surrounds. Will cause cell to shrink.
- internal framework of m.t. and m.f. that move substances in cell and anchor organelles
5 True/False Questions
solvent → the liquid that dissolves the solute in a solution
nucleolus → site of rRNA production and ribosomal subunit assembly in nucleus
endocytosis → opposite of endocytosis. Vesicle inside cell fuses with cell membrane, depositing contents on the outside.
turgor pressure → hydrostatic pressure due to a plant being placed in a hypotonic solution. Is pressure on inside of plant cell against the cell wall.
flagella → *in plants cells only, pigment containing vesicles in plants that function in photosynthesis. Most famous= chloroplast