5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- engineering psychology
- kinesthetic sense
- trichromatic theory
- a the senses of body movement and positioning.
- b an area at the center of the retina containing only cones.
- c says that there are 3 types of cones, each sensitive to either red, yellow, or blue...any other color is a combination of these 3.
- d light-sensitive pigment in the rods.
- e specialty concerned with making machines and work environments compatible with human perceptual and physical capacities.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- perception of space and depth caused chiefly by the fact that the eyes receive different images...causes 3D sight.
- changes in the shape of the lens of the eye.
- the senses of balance, position in space, and acceleration.
- ability to see 3D space and accurately judge distances.
- voluntarily focusing on a specific sensory input.
5 True/False Questions
opponent-process theory → says that higher and lower tones excite specific areas of the cochlea.
pupil → the opening at the front of the eye through which light passes.
perceptual learning → resistance to perceiving threatening or disturbing stimuli.
apparent-distance hypothesis → tries to explain moon illusion in saying that the horizon seems more distant than the night sky.
Organ of Corti → center part of the cochlea, containing hair cells, canals, and membranes.