← stress Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- serum cholesterol
- psychological hardiness
- a a cluster of traits that buffer stress and are characterized by commitment, challenge, and control
- b the demand that is made on an organism to adapt
- c a type of conflict in which the same goal produces approach and avoidance motives
- d cholesterol in the blood
- e being torn in different directions by opposing motives.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the system of the body that recognizes and destroys foreign agents (antigens) that invade the body.
- throbbing headaches that are connected with changes int he supply of blood to the head
- increased blood flow to an injury
- the place (locus) to which an individual attributes control over the receiving of reinforcers- either inside or outside the self
- to interpret negative events as being disastrous; to blow out of proportion.
5 True/False Questions
externals → people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely outside themselves
psychoneuroimmunology → a microscopic organism that can cause disease
antibodies → a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
fight-or-flight reaction → the first stage of the GAS, which is triggered by the impact of a stressor and characterized by sympathetic activity.
eustress (you-stress) → stress that is healthful.