5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- immune system
- eustress (you-stress)
- resistance stage
- a a type of conflict in which the same goal produces approach and avoidance motives
- b being torn in different directions by opposing motives.
- c the second stage of GAS characterized by prolonged sympathetic activity in an effort to restore lost energy and repair damage. also called the adaptation stage
- d stress that is healthful.
- e the system of the body that recognizes and destroys foreign agents (antigens) that invade the body.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
- conflict in which the goals are negative, but aviodance of requires approaching the other
- increased blood flow to an injury
- a microscopic organism that can cause disease
- people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely outside themselves
5 True/False questions
self efficacy expectiations → the first stage of the GAS, which is triggered by the impact of a stressor and characterized by sympathetic activity.
psychological hardiness → a cluster of traits that buffer stress and are characterized by commitment, challenge, and control
psychoneuroimmunology → the field that studies the relationships between psychological factors and the functioning of the immune system.
Alarm reaction → increased blood flow to an injury
antibodies → substances formed by white blood cells that recognize and destroy antigens