5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- migraine headaches
- Alarm reaction
- exhaustion stage
- resistance stage
- a White blood cells
- b throbbing headaches that are connected with changes int he supply of blood to the head
- c the second stage of GAS characterized by prolonged sympathetic activity in an effort to restore lost energy and repair damage. also called the adaptation stage
- d the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
- e the first stage of the GAS, which is triggered by the impact of a stressor and characterized by sympathetic activity.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the demand that is made on an organism to adapt
- people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely within themselves
- a cluster of traits that buffer stress and are characterized by commitment, challenge, and control
- conflict in which the goals are negative, but aviodance of requires approaching the other
- an innate adaptive response to the perception of danger
5 True/False questions
antigen → a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
immune system → White blood cells
multiple approach-avoidance → a type of conflict in which the same goal produces approach and avoidance motives
pathogen → a microscopic organism that can cause disease
eustress (you-stress) → stress that is healthful.