5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- general adaptation syndrom (GAS)
- serum cholesterol
- locus of control
- a Selye's term for a hypothesized three-stage response to stress
- b substances formed by white blood cells that recognize and destroy antigens
- c the place (locus) to which an individual attributes control over the receiving of reinforcers- either inside or outside the self
- d cholesterol in the blood
- e people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely within themselves
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- conflict in which the goals are negative, but aviodance of requires approaching the other
- to interpret negative events as being disastrous; to blow out of proportion.
- the field that studies the relationships between psychological factors and the functioning of the immune system.
- our beliefs that we can bring about desired changes through our own efforts.
- the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
5 True/False Questions
externals → people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely outside themselves
immune system → the system of the body that recognizes and destroys foreign agents (antigens) that invade the body.
migraine headaches → the system of the body that recognizes and destroys foreign agents (antigens) that invade the body.
pathogen → a substance that stimulates the body to mount an immune system response to it.
inflammation → increased blood flow to an injury