← stress Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Approach-approach conflict
- Alarm reaction
- a the demand that is made on an organism to adapt
- b a microscopic organism that can cause disease
- c the first stage of the GAS, which is triggered by the impact of a stressor and characterized by sympathetic activity.
- d goals that produce opposing motives are positive and within reach.
- e increased blood flow to an injury
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- being torn in different directions by opposing motives.
- the third stage of the GAS, characterized by weakened resistance and possible deterioration.
- to interpret negative events as being disastrous; to blow out of proportion.
- a type of conflict in which each of a number of goals produces approach and avoidance motives.
- a type of conflict in which the same goal produces approach and avoidance motives
5 True/False Questions
hypertension → people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely within themselves
Leukocytes → White blood cells
migraine headaches → throbbing headaches that are connected with changes int he supply of blood to the head
internals → people who perceive the ability to attain reinforcements as being largely outside themselves
immune system → the system of the body that recognizes and destroys foreign agents (antigens) that invade the body.