← Ancient India Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chandragupta Maurya
- Mahayana Buddhism
- Gupta Empire
- a nomads from Europe and Asia who migrated to India and finally settled; vedas from this time suggest beginning of caste system
- b Ruled through central government but allowed village power; restored Hinduism
- c Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
- d king, founder of the Mauryan Empire
- e Great Vehicle' branch of Buddhism followed in China, Japan, and Central Asia. The focus is on reverence for Buddha and for bodhisattvas, enlightened persons who have postponed nirvana to help others attain enlightenment. (p. 181)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the four divisions of the aryan society.
- In Hindu belief, all the actions that affect a person's fate in the next life
- sect of Buddhism focusing on strict spiritual discipline & original teachings of the Buddha
- The Hindu concept of the spirit's 'liberation' from the endless cycle of rebirths
- Ancient Sanskrit writings that are the earliest sacred texts of Hinduism. memories and histories.
5 True/False Questions
Sanskrit → reincarnation. one of the steps to reaching your moksha
Khyber Pass → Mountain pass that allows entry into India
Pariahs (untouchables) → the name of the group of people outside the caste system; they were the contained the outcasts of society and untouchables, were not considered a part of Indian society or the caste system
Asoka → The grandson of Chandragupta who also was a leader of the Mauryan Empire. He converted to Buddhism from Hinduism and tolerated other religions other then Buddhism when he was the leader. He is the most honored leader of the Mauryan Empire and controlled a very successful civilization.
Eightfold Path → Mountain pass that allows entry into India