5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was the narrator's name?
- What does the narrator do with the body of his wife?
- Does our narrator feel guilty for killing Pluto?
- What does anomalous mean?
- What is the first black cat's name?
- a Yes
- b We are not told this information.
- c Puts her in the wall of the cellar
- d Pluto
- e abnormal
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
- Writing in everyday language; written in paragraphs
- This was the Roman god of the underworld.
- He drives an axe in her head.
- He follows him everywhere. He is there all the time--even when the narrator is sleeping.
5 True/False Questions
What does the new cat have on his chest? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
What do Pluto and the new cat have in common? → They are black. They are missing an eye.
What is foreshadowing? → hints given that tell readers what may happen in the story
What are some hints that Poe's gives us that our narrator is in jail and will be executed? → His house burns.
What does intemperance mean? → abnormal