5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the first black cat's name?
- How does the narrator get caught in his crime?
- What is the allusion connected with the first black cat's name?
- Does our narrator feel guilty for killing his wife?
- Who does Poe marry?
- a Pluto
- b No
- c This was the Roman god of the underworld.
- d He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- e Virginia, his first cousin
5 Multiple choice questions
- hints given that tell readers what may happen in the story
- He begins to drink. He is mean to his wife and animals.
- Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
- They are black. They are missing an eye.
- a barrell
5 True/False questions
What does intemperance mean? → abnormal
Why does the narrator kill his wife? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
What is on the one wall that did not burn of the house? → He has a white splotch that is shaped like a hangman's noose.
What is a metaphor? → the narrator of a poem
How does the narrator kill Pluto? → He hangs him from a tree in the garden.