5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is a plot twist?
- What is characterization?
- What does the narrator first do to the black cat after he comes home drunk one night?
- Why does the narrator kill his wife?
- Who does Poe marry?
- a Virginia, his first cousin
- b He cuts the cat's eye out after the cat bites him.
- c a sudden, unexpected change in a story
- d The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
- e methods used by a writer to introduce or describe characters to readers
5 Multiple choice questions
- He drives an axe in her head.
- A comparison not using like or as
- excesive consumption of alcohol
- He is ashamed of what he did to Pluto. He dreads the cat.
- Puts her in the wall of the cellar
5 True/False questions
How does the narrator get caught in his crime? → He drives an axe in her head.
What is a speaker? → the narrator of a poem
Where does the new black cat come from in the story? → The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
What does the new cat have on his chest? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
How does the narrator kill Pluto? → Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.