5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Does our narrator feel guilty for killing his wife?
- What is characterization?
- How old was Poe when he died?
- What is a hogshead?
- Why did people make fun of the narrator when he was younger?
- a a barrell
- b methods used by a writer to introduce or describe characters to readers
- c No
- d He was sensitive and tender hearted.
- e 40
5 Multiple choice questions
- Giving nonhuman things human characteristics
- excesive consumption of alcohol
- The white splotch that looks like the gallows--hints that death will find our narrator
- Puts her in the wall of the cellar
- They are black. They are missing an eye.
5 True/False questions
What are some hints that Poe's gives us that our narrator is in jail and will be executed? → His house burns.
Who does the narrator want to kill instead of his wife? → Puts her in the wall of the cellar
What is the first black cat's name? → We are not told this information.
What does the new cat have on his chest? → He has a white splotch that is shaped like a hangman's noose.
Who does Poe marry? → Virginia, his first cousin