5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Where does the new black cat come from in the story?
- What does felicity mean?
- What is an allusion?
- How old was Poe when he died?
- What do Pluto and the new cat have in common?
- a 40
- b The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
- c happiness
- d a reference that the author expects you to know
- e They are black. They are missing an eye.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He cuts the cat's eye out after the cat bites him.
- a comparison using like or as
- the narrator of a poem
- a barrell
- His house burns.
5 True/False Questions
Why does the narrator originally not kill the black cat? → He is ashamed of what he did to Pluto. He dreads the cat.
What was the narrator's name? → Pluto
What is foreshadowing? → hints given that tell readers what may happen in the story
Why does the narrator kill his wife? → He drives an axe in her head.
Why did people make fun of the narrator when he was younger? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.