5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How old was Poe when he died?
- How does the narrator kill his wife?
- Why does the narrator kill Pluto?
- Who does Poe marry?
- Where does the new black cat come from in the story?
- a Pluto loved him. He knew it was wrong. He knew it was a sin. Pluto did not give him a reason to do it.
- b 40
- c Virginia, his first cousin
- d The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.
- e He drives an axe in her head.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- He has a white splotch that is shaped like a hangman's noose.
- He hits the wall with his cane, and the cat lets out a horrible sounding scream.
- He begins to drink. He is mean to his wife and animals.
5 True/False Questions
Why does the narrator kill his wife? → The cat trips him, and he gets mad. He turns and in a fit of passion kills his wife.
What is the first black cat's name? → We are not told this information.
What is prose? → a comparison using like or as
What is a simile? → the narrator of a poem
How does the new black cat act with the narrator? → The cat follows the narrator home from a tavern one night. He was sitting on top of a hogshead.