5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Gobi Desert
- Ancient Egypt
- a a fabric made from the fine threads produced by certain insect larvae in China; Chinese legacy
- b located in north central China. 2nd largest desert in the world, extremely dry and infertile.
- c Before Christ
- d One of the first civilizations. Located near the Nile and known for pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and hieroglyphics
- e stands for Anno Domini, which is Latin for "year of our Lord," and it means the number of years since the time of Jesus Christ. That was 2010 years ago, so the date 510 A.D. means 1500 years ago
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- group of people who carry out the work of government
- A society is considered to be a __________ if it has a surplus of food, cities, government, and specialized jobs.
- Name that the ancient Chinese used to describe themselves due to the fact that they did not know that other civilizations existed. They literally felt that they were at the center of the geographical world.
- "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"
- closely related people of several generations such as brothers, sisters, parents, uncles, aunts, grandparents, and great grandparents
5 True/False Questions
Terra Cotta Warriors → statues that represented Shi Huangdi's real army, protected him in the after life
Confucius → Known to the Chinese as the First Teacher (551-479 B.C.) whose interest in philosophy was political and ethical, not spiritual
North China Plain → The fertile region between the Huang He and Yangzi Rivers
warlord → a local leader of an armed group sometimes referred to as bandits
The Silk Road → One of the first trade routes in the world, an ancient trade route between China and the Mediterranean Sea extending some 6,440 km (4,000 mi) and linking China with the Roman Empire.