5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- photochemical smog
- a A hole in the ozone layer can cause skin cancer, cataracts, and this
- b a brownish haze that is a mixture of ozone and other chemicals ; formed when nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons and other pollutants react wit each other in the presence of sunlight
- c Ozone in this layer IS a pollutant
- d True or False. Air pollution only affects the area around the source of pollution.
- e The layer of gas that surrounds the earth.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the layer of atmosphere where ozone occurs
- the middle layer of the earth's atmosphere: the layer in which most meteroids burn up.
- harmful substances in the air, water or soil
- True or False. You can see and smell all air pollution.
- the condition of the earth's atmosphere at a particular time and place
5 True/False Questions
ionosphere → the lower part of the thermosphere, where electrically charged paarticles called ions are found
auroura borealis → a colorful, glowing display in the sky caused when particles from the sun strike oxygen and nitrogen atoms in ithe ionosphere, also called Northern Lights
Decreases → As you move up in the stratosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
barometer → any instrument that measures changes in air pressure
Decreases → As you move up in the atmosphere, this happens to the density of the air