5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- acid rain
- Air Pollution
- a the condition of the earth's atmosphere at a particular time and place
- b As you move up in the troposphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- c Rain that contains more acid than normal
- d This term affects people's lungs, eyes, and nose.
- e gas that makes up 78% of the atmosphere
5 Multiple choice questions
- any instrument that measures changes in air pressure
- True or False. You can see and smell all air pollution.
- instrument used to measure changes in air pressure without using liquid
- the outer layer of the thermosphere
- a colorful, glowing display in the sky caused when particles from the sun strike oxygen and nitrogen atoms in ithe ionosphere, also called Northern Lights
5 True/False questions
Faster → Do the molecules in warm air move faster or slower than molecules in cold air?
Less dense → the middle layer of the earth's atmosphere: the layer in which most meteroids burn up.
atmosphere → The layer of gas that surrounds the earth.
altitude → the distance above sealevel
Temperature → The main characteristic scientists use to determine the layers of the atmosphere.