5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Air Pollution
- water vapor
- air pressure
- a the result of the weight of a column of air pushing down on an area.
- b This term affects people's lungs, eyes, and nose.
- c The main characteristic scientists use to determine the layers of the atmosphere.
- d True or False. Air pollution only affects the area around the source of pollution.
- e water in the form of a gas
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- As you move up in the mesosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- As you move up in the stratosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- A hole in the ozone layer can cause skin cancer, cataracts, and this
- the middle layer of the earth's atmosphere: the layer in which most meteroids burn up.
- gas that makes up 21% of the atmosphere
5 True/False Questions
auroura borealis → a colorful, glowing display in the sky caused when particles from the sun strike oxygen and nitrogen atoms in ithe ionosphere, also called Northern Lights
mercury barometer → instrument that measures change in air pressure using a liquid
photochemical smog → a brownish haze that is a mixture of ozone and other chemicals ; formed when nitrogen oxides, hydrocarbons and other pollutants react wit each other in the presence of sunlight
barometer → Do the molecules in warm air move faster or slower than molecules in cold air?
Increases → As you move up in the thermosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air