← Weather chapter 1 Test
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- mercury barometer
- a The main characteristic scientists use to determine the layers of the atmosphere.
- b These are released into the air and destroy the ozone layer.
- c As you move up in the stratosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- d instrument that measures change in air pressure using a liquid
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the result of the weight of a column of air pushing down on an area.
- the force pressing on an area
- a colorful, glowing display in the sky caused when particles from the sun strike oxygen and nitrogen atoms in ithe ionosphere, also called Northern Lights
- the amount of mass in a given volume of a given substance
- the lower part of the thermosphere, where electrically charged paarticles called ions are found
5 True/False Questions
aneroid barometer → instrument that measures change in air pressure using a liquid
troposphere → the layer of atmosphere where weather occurs
Decreases → As you move up in the stratosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
thermosphere → the middle layer of the earth's atmosphere: the layer in which most meteroids burn up.
Troposphere → layer with the most dense air