5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- auroura borealis
- Less dense
- Carbon Dioxide
- aneroid barometer
- a gas that makes up less than 1% of the atmosphere
- b True or False. You can see and smell all air pollution.
- c Warm air rises. Is this because warm air is more or less dense than cold air.
- d a colorful, glowing display in the sky caused when particles from the sun strike oxygen and nitrogen atoms in ithe ionosphere, also called Northern Lights
- e instrument used to measure changes in air pressure without using liquid
5 Multiple choice questions
- harmful substances in the air, water or soil
- The layer of gas that surrounds the earth.
- the middle layer of the earth's atmosphere: the layer in which most meteroids burn up.
- gas that makes up 78% of the atmosphere
- Do the molecules in warm air move faster or slower than molecules in cold air?
5 True/False questions
stratosphere → Ozone in this layer IS a pollutant
Temperature → The main characteristic scientists use to determine the layers of the atmosphere.
troposphere → the lower part of the thermosphere, where electrically charged paarticles called ions are found
Decreases → As you move up in the stratosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
Ultraviolet → gas that makes up 78% of the atmosphere