← Weather chapter 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- auroura borealis
- water vapor
- a a colorful, glowing display in the sky caused when particles from the sun strike oxygen and nitrogen atoms in ithe ionosphere, also called Northern Lights
- b the layer of atmosphere where weather occurs
- c any instrument that measures changes in air pressure
- d water in the form of a gas
- e a form of oxygen thas has three oxygen atoms in each atom instead of the usual two
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- As you move up in the thermosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- the result of the weight of a column of air pushing down on an area.
- Warm air rises. Is this because warm air is more or less dense than cold air.
- gas that makes up less than 1% of the atmosphere
- Rain that contains more acid than normal
5 True/False Questions
Thermosphere → layer with the least dense air
Air Pollution → This term affects people's lungs, eyes, and nose.
Nitrogen → gas that makes up 78% of the atmosphere
stratosphere → the layer of atmosphere where weather occurs
False → True or False. Air pollution only affects the area around the source of pollution.