5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- mercury barometer
- Less dense
- a Warm air rises. Is this because warm air is more or less dense than cold air.
- b As you move up in the troposphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- c the outer layer of the thermosphere
- d instrument that measures change in air pressure using a liquid
- e Ozone in this layer is NOT a pollutant
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The main characteristic scientists use to determine the layers of the atmosphere.
- As you move up in the mesosphere, this happens to the temperature of the air
- thouter most layer of the earth's atmosphere
- As you move up in the atmosphere, this happens to the density of the air
- Do the molecules in warm air move faster or slower than molecules in cold air?
5 True/False Questions
stratosphere → Ozone in this layer IS a pollutant
air pressure → the force pressing on an area
Carbon Dioxide → gas that makes up less than 1% of the atmosphere
troposphere → the layer of atmosphere where weather occurs
pressure → the force pressing on an area