5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Radiant energy
- plants, animals
- 25 N to the left
- Mechanical energy
What is the net force in the picture above?
- b ________ ________ is energy carried by electromagnetic radiation.
- c ________ ________ is energy of matter caused by its position or its motion.
- d Fossil fuels formed from the buried remains of ________ and ________ that lived hundreds of millions of years ago.
- e ________ can also change the shape of an object.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Power plants generally use the chemical energy stored in ________to heat water in huge boilers.
- In power plants the steam from boiling water is used to turn the blades of a ________.
- To find the net force when forces are pushing or pulling in the same direction simply ________ them together.
- Which term does not belong to the group:
geothermal, fossil fuel, nuclear, nonrenewable
- A word that means the same as transformation is...
5 True/False Questions
Are the forces pushing on this box balanced, unbalanced, or combined?
In the motion graph above which runner won the race?
spring scale → A ________ ________ has mechanical energy.
thermal energy → Removing ________ ________ from steam can cause a gas to change into a liquid.
balanced → It is better to measure weight with a spring scale and mass with a ________.