5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Pillow Book
- Emperor Go-Toba
- a Japanese Characters
- b A Japanese religion (the original Japanese religion) whose followers believe that all things in the natural world are filled with divine spirits
- c 1183-1198 A.D.(years of reign) A Kamakura period emperor.
- d a Japanese feudal lord who commanded a private army of samurai
- e A journal written in the Heian period that described court life.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a political and social system that developed during the Middle Ages; nobles offered protection and land in return for service
- story of Prince Genji and his lovers, written by Lady Murasaki Shikibu at end of 11th century, world's first full novel
- The Japanese system of centralized government under a shogun, who exercised actual power while the emperor was reduced to a figurehead.
- Supreme military commander
- The shogun for emperor Go-Toba in the Kamakura Period.
5 True/False questions
Samurai → a Japanese warrior who was a member of the feudal military aristocracy
Kanji → a mix of Chinese characters with the original Japanese writing
Ronin → samurai that lost his Daimyo; they carry great shame and roam about the land.
Prince Shotoku → A journal written in the Heian period that described court life.
Seppuku → Supreme military commander