5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is the periodic table?
- Alkali Metals
- What is the periodic law?
- a is an aton or group of bonded atoms that has a positive or negative charge
- b group 17 elements that react vigorously with most metals to form salts
- c the physical and chemical properties of the elements are periodic functions of their atomic numbers
- d elements that often have a silvery apperance and are soft to cut. not found in nature and usually stored in kerosene. highly reactive to most non metals and water.
- e is an arragement of the elements in order of their atomic numbers so that elemetns with similar properties fall in the same column or group
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the energies for removal of addittional electrons from an atom
- any process that results in formation of an ion
- the energy change that occus when an electron is acquired by a neutral atom
- In the modern periodic tabke, how are elements arranged
- the p block elements together with the s block elements
5 True/False Questions
What is the trend for atomic radius → across a period is smaller and increase down a group
Atomic Radius → In the modern periodic tabke, how are elements arranged
Ionization Energy (IE1) → any process that results in formation of an ion
What did Mendeleev do? → arranged in order of increasing atomic mass
Transition elements → d block elements with typical metallic properties. good conductors of electricity and less reactive.