5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Origin for serratus anterior muscle?
- actions of levator scapulae?
- actions of serratus anterior muscle?
- insertion for pectoralis minor?
- origins for trapezius?
- a abducts (protracts) scapula & downwardly rotates it while abducting arm,
stabilise scapula by holding it to chest wall
anterior surfaces of 1st 8 or 9 ribs
- c elevates medial border of scapula while downwardly rotating lateral angle,
helps trapezius and rhomboid muscles to pull scapula upward and medially,
bends neck laterally
coracoid process of scapula
medial superior nuchal line, external occipital protuberance, ligamentum nuchae, spinous processes of C7-T12
5 Multiple Choice Questions
medial border of scapula between spine and superior angle
transverse processes of C1-C4
- medial pectoral nerve (C8, T1)
- adduct (retract) scapula
spinous processes of C7-T1
5 True/False Questions
insertion for rhomboid major? →
medial border of scapula (superior to spine)
insertion for rhomboid minor? →
medial border of scapula (inferior to spine)
actions of lower fibres of trapezius? → elevate and upwardly rotate scapula, extend neck
actions of pectoralis minor? → draws scapula forward and downward,
also elevates ribs if origin and insertion are reversed
nerve supply to trapezius? → medial pectoral nerve (C8, T1)