← Religion Judaism Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- JP Hyatt
- a Law, first 5 books of Hebrew bible. Stage 1 of the bible.
- b World class biblical scholar on the prophets
- c a
- d Follows Abraham in line of succession.
- e Prophet of God's holiness
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Sometimes called the Tabernacle. Serves as temporary temple for worship. Temporary sacred space is tented and roped over for identification.
- Be loyal to God, even though it can be dangerous and risky. Responsibility to God.
- Feast of Lights. Commemorates events of 165 BCE Revolt.
- Old priest, begins Jewish revolt.
- Holy days in Judaism. There are 52 days. Rest and Worship
5 True/False Questions
Messiah → Earthy leader, King who rules as God says, not cosmic figure.
Habiru → Second, most famous king. Becomes leader of all tribes and creates a nation state.
Cantor → Musician in Synagogue. Some double as head of the Synagogue's school.
Jeremiah → Worked as prophet before exile. "Prophet of Personal Religion" Focus on future, recognize Jerusalem was focal point of God's presence-- Exile will not last forever.
Moses → The land in the eastern Mediterranean region populated by Jews at the time of the Roman Empire