← Old Test. Vocab Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a This book teaches that life under the sun is brief, life is tough, and life doesn't always make sense, but God is good.
- b a book in the Old Testament that tells the story of Jonah and the whale
- c the action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack
- d Married Moabite woman Ruth for her piety, had child Obed with her.
- e an Old Testament book telling the prophecies of Micah foretelling the destruction of Jerusalem
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Personal Crisis. Pattern: Complaint, Petitions, Reasons for Yahweh's intervention, statement of glad resolution. Psalm 13.
- the belief that the righteous who are obedient to God will be blessed, while the wicked who are disobedient will be cursed
- the most influential of Greek astronomers and geographers of his time. He propounded the geocentric theory that prevailed for 1400 years.
- the mother-in-law of Ruth whose story is told in the Book of Ruth in the Old Testament
- The worship that would take place before any kingly decision.
5 True/False Questions
Mattathias → Man that led armed resistence against Syrians and had help from son, Judas: called "the hammer" (or "Maccabee" in Hebrew) because he was so effective.
Allegory → an expressive style that uses fictional characters and events to describe some subject by suggestive resemblances
Job → a Jewish hero in the Old Testament who maintained his faith in God in spite of afflictions that tested him
Hezekiah → an Old Testament book containing Ezekiel's prophecies of the downfall of Jerusalem and Judah and their subsequent restoration
Song of Songs → an Old Testament book consisting of a collection of love poems traditionally attributed to Solomon but actually written much later