← Memory Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Long-term memory
- Source Amnesia
- Automatic Processing
- a attributing to the wrong source an event
- b use of images to convey meaning
- c current mood distorts past memories
- d relatively permanent and limitless storehouse of the memory system.
- e Unconscious encoding of incidental information. space, time, frequency, word meanings.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- spaced out studying over longer periods stores better than cramming
- immediate, initial recording of sensory info. 7 +/- 2
- procedural memory without conscious recall. skills and conditioning. IMPLIED
- assesses time saved when learning material for a second time
- gradual decay of stored info
5 True/False Questions
misattribution → memory recalled when given options, such as multiple choice
suggestibility → leading questions create false memories
Misinformation Effect → incorporating misleading information into one's memory of an event.
Serial Positioning Effect → incorporating misleading information into one's memory of an event.
flashbulb memory → memory recalled vividly due to high emotion - 9/11