5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Renaissance Popes
- High renaissance
- Diet of Worms
- a Dutch Humanist, The Praise of Folly, Free will.
- b Indulgences, paid church for sins. Pope Leo X, St. Peter's Basilica, 1517 the 95 Theses, Excommunicated, Lutheranism, Protestantism spread.
- c Worldly, Vatican library, sistine chapel
- d 1512 Martin Luther is excommunicated. Edict of worms is issued by the Pope. Here I stand speech.
- e 1550-1625
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Protestant Reformation,
- Banking, politics, patrons, platonic academy
- End of Hundred years war, Ottoman empire takes Constantinople, Tudor dynasty in England.
- Scientist, artist, inventor, architect, engineer, musician, etc.
5 True/False Questions
Machiavelli → 1513. Wrote The Prince, writer, politician
John Calvin → Painter, from Italy, very wealthy
Petrarch → 1304-1374 Father of Renaissance, writer, early humanist
Shakespeare → Early 1600's. Mathematician, proved Copernicus correct.
Titian → End of Hundred years war, Ottoman empire takes Constantinople, Tudor dynasty in England.