5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Counter Reformation
- a Painter, from Italy, very wealthy
- b Pope Paul II, church reform, Council reform, council of Trent
- c Dutch Humanist, The Praise of Folly, Free will.
- d 1550-1625
- e Poet, playwright
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1519-1556. Powerful, Spain, Holy Roman Empire, Netherlands.
- Protestant Reformation,
- 1509-1547 Married several times. Created a new religion so he could divorce his old wife and marry someone else.
- 1513. Wrote The Prince, writer, politician
- Helliocentrism, on the revolutions of the celestial spheres. Everything revolves around the sun.
5 True/False questions
Early Ren → 1400-1475
Michelangelo → 1513. Wrote The Prince, writer, politician
Diet of Worms → Work with Henry VII, Utopia, he was beheaded.
High renaissance → Indulgences, paid church for sins. Pope Leo X, St. Peter's Basilica, 1517 the 95 Theses, Excommunicated, Lutheranism, Protestantism spread.
John Calvin → Reforms to church, protestantism, puritanism, basis for concept of capitalism.