5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Renaissance History
- Diet of Worms
- Medici Family
- a 1513. Wrote The Prince, writer, politician
- b Banking, politics, patrons, platonic academy
- c Painter, from Italy, very wealthy
- d 1512 Martin Luther is excommunicated. Edict of worms is issued by the Pope. Here I stand speech.
- e 1400-1600. Started in Florence, Italy. It means rebirth. Period of intellectual freedom. Middle class emerges inventing of printing press.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Worldly, Vatican library, sistine chapel
- Free thought, free action, naturalism.
- Dutch Humanist, The Praise of Folly, Free will.
- 1509-1547 Married several times. Created a new religion so he could divorce his old wife and marry someone else.
5 True/False questions
Shakespeare → Early 1600's. Mathematician, proved Copernicus correct.
Copernicus → Helliocentrism, on the revolutions of the celestial spheres. Everything revolves around the sun.
Michelangelo → 1513. Wrote The Prince, writer, politician
Kepler → Early 1600's. Mathematician, proved Copernicus correct.
Index of Forbidden Books → mid 1500's-1956