← mock final Test
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Bob Wills
- Olivier Messiaen
- a T or F: Keb' Mo' is a modern day singer/guitarist whose style is rooted in the blues masters.
- b T or F: Louis Armstrong had popular appeal, though he contributed little to the actual development of jazz.
- c Texan who launched a style called western swing, influencing Willie Nelson and Merle Haggard
- d the French composer, ornithologist, and teacher, was a prisoner in a German WWII prison camp
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Alban berg's compositional style is referred to as ______________, a pre-ordering of the various elements of music
- was found dead in the back of his Cadillac convertible on Jan 1. 1953, after living the hard life he wrote about so well in song.
- T or F: Pinetop Smith played a rollicking guitar style called boogie-woogie.
- T or F: George D. Hay started a wildly popular, long running radio show out of Nashville Station WSM known as Hee-Haw
- T or F: the Carter family had hit songs in Wildwood Flower and Keep on the Sunny Side.
5 True/False Questions
T → T or F: the Fisk Jubilee Singers in the 1870s popularized a style of music known as ragtime.
Doc Watson → who comments in the films is a blind bluegrass musician from Deep Gap, NC
Ernest Tubb → Fiddlin' John Carson was recorded by talent scout ______ _________, launching the country music record industry.
Scott Joplin → was a successful composer of ragtime pieces (inc. Maple Leaf Rag) at the turn of the 19th-20th century.
Ralph Peer → was the king of the cowboy singers--a big star in Hollywood movies.