← CPT Quiz IV Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
A surgeon performed a diagnostic nasal endoscopy and performed a nasal endoscopy with biopsy during the same surgical session. The coder reported codes 31231and 31237 on the claim. Where did she go wrong?
a. She failed to use modifier 50 for bilateral procedure
b. She should have only reported 31231
c. She should have only reported 31237 because it says separate procedure
d. She should have reported 31237 because diagnostic endoscopy is included in surgical endoscopy
Your response is: Correct
- Endoscopy procedures in the Respiratory subsection do not include:
- Which procedure below is NOT bundled into the cardiac catheterization codes?
a. The introduction of the catheter
b. Positioning and repositioning of the catheter
c. The recording of pressures inside the heart or vessels
d. ECG for monitoring the hearts rhythm
- What is the code for valvuloplasty of aortic valve; open, with cardiopulmonary bypass?
- In vascular families, what is considered the "first order?"
- a 33400
- b Radiological Guidance
- c d. She should have reported 31237 because diagnostic endoscopy is included in surgical endoscopy
- d main artery
- e d. ECG for monitoring the hearts rhythm
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- When only the TECHNICAL COMPONENT of a procedure is performed.
- Blockage due to plaque in an artery
- Direct laryngoscopy
- Aortic, Biscupid (mitral), Tricuspid, Pulomonary
- Sphenoid sinus
5 True/False Questions
True or False: Indicator Dilution Studies is one of the three components of coding cardiac catheterization? → False - The three components are injection, placement and imaging.
CABG stands for: → Coronary Artery Bypass Graft
The correct code for a diagnostic bronchoscopy? → When only the TECHNICAL COMPONENT of a procedure is performed.
Which of the following is NOT one of the three things you need to know when coding pacemaker procedures?
a. Where the electrode is placed
b. Whether or not radiologic guidance was used
c. The approach used to place the pacemaker
d. Whether it was initial placement or replacemen → b. Whether or not radiologic guidance was used
When locating codes for pacemakers, what is the first step in finding the code? → 31622