← Chapter 4 pt.2 IDs Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- battle of Chaeronea
- oracle at Delphi
- a most famous oracle dedicated to Apollo
- b A blending of Greek, Persian, Indian, and Egyptian influences.
- c the four Hellenistic Kingdoms that emerged after the death of Alexander the Great
- d result of Peloponnesian War, Philip ll of Macedonia vs Athens & Thebes, Philip wins
- e When Alexander the Great died, his empire was split into three parts. This part consists of Macedonia and was given to a general.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- way of teaching developed by Socrates that used a question-and-answer format to force students to use their reason to see things for themselves
- the four Hellenistic Kingdoms that emerged after the death of Alexander the Great
- the ancient Panhellenic celebration at Olympia in honor of Zeus
- Conquered and ruled an empire stretching from Macedonia to the Indus Valley, King Philip's son
- one of the greatest of the ancient Athenian philosophers, and a pupil of Plato
5 True/False Questions
Archimedes → Greek mathematician and physicist noted for his work in hydrostatics and mechanics and geometry
Philip II → king of ancient Macedonia and father of Alexander the Great (382-336 BC)
Alexandria → the chief port of Egypt
Seleucid → the four Hellenistic Kingdoms that emerged after the death of Alexander the Great
Plato's ideal forms → What we perceive as reality is only a reflection of these ideal Forms.