5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a While hunting during a recent safari, we were charged by a wild boar/bore with tusks that were three feet long!
- b If you have a problem with a bully in school, you should see your counselor/councilor immediately.
- c The window pane/pain of my living room recently broke when the kids next door hit an errant baseball.
- d The noise in here is altogether/ all together excessive.
- e Coming down the isle/aisle of the dark theater required some careful stepping.
5 Multiple choice questions
- I recently bought a new red dress and am now hunting for a pair of red shoes to compliment/complement my dress.
- I have a problem that I cannot solve; thus, I need your consul/counsel council ,please.
- "Back up! We have passed/past the address we are looking for!"
- I am always glad to hear the compliment/complement, "Mrs. Fields, my child was so well prepared for high school."
- One piece/peace of the puzzle is missing.
5 True/False questions
minor → If we neglect minor/miner problems, they will grow into big problems.
already → I was unaware that you had all ready/already ordered tickets; now we have an extra pair.
coarse → What course/coarse should we follow in order to solve this problem?
led → The seeing eye dog carefully led/lead his blind master across the busy street and up onto the high curb.
isles → Of all water resorts, I most enjoy sailing in the Caribbean aisles/isles.