5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The seeing eye dog carefully led/lead his blind master across the busy street and up onto the high curb.
- b The noise in here is altogether/ all together excessive.
- c If one uses coarse/course language in the halls of Davis, they will most likely recieve a demerit or at least a stern lecture.
- d I was unaware that you had all ready/already ordered tickets; now we have an extra pair.
- e If we neglect minor/miner problems, they will grow into big problems.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Some people look much older than they are simply because they have born/borne so many worries and cares for so long.
- Coming down the isle/aisle of the dark theater required some careful stepping.
- The window pane/pain of my living room recently broke when the kids next door hit an errant baseball.
- If you have a problem with a bully in school, you should see your counselor/councilor immediately.
- Of all water resorts, I most enjoy sailing in the Caribbean aisles/isles.
5 True/False questions
boar → While hunting during a recent safari, we were charged by a wild boar/bore with tusks that were three feet long!
piece → One piece/peace of the puzzle is missing.
course → If one uses coarse/course language in the halls of Davis, they will most likely recieve a demerit or at least a stern lecture.
counsel → If you have a problem with a bully in school, you should see your counselor/councilor immediately.
break → Your snack brake/break comes around 10:00 AM at Davis.