5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a I am always glad to hear the compliment/complement, "Mrs. Fields, my child was so well prepared for high school."
- b Coming down the isle/aisle of the dark theater required some careful stepping.
- c The seeing eye dog carefully led/lead his blind master across the busy street and up onto the high curb.
- d If one uses coarse/course language in the halls of Davis, they will most likely recieve a demerit or at least a stern lecture.
- e I have a problem that I cannot solve; thus, I need your consul/counsel council ,please.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Of all water resorts, I most enjoy sailing in the Caribbean aisles/isles.
- I was unaware that you had all ready/already ordered tickets; now we have an extra pair.
- I recently bought a new red dress and am now hunting for a pair of red shoes to compliment/complement my dress.
- Your snack brake/break comes around 10:00 AM at Davis.
- If we neglect minor/miner problems, they will grow into big problems.
5 True/False questions
pane → The fair/fare one must pay for entry to an IMAX movie can be pretty costly.
boar → While hunting during a recent safari, we were charged by a wild boar/bore with tusks that were three feet long!
altogether → I was unaware that you had all ready/already ordered tickets; now we have an extra pair.
capital → One piece/peace of the puzzle is missing.
passed → "Back up! We have passed/past the address we are looking for!"