5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Thomas Paine
- Haym Salomon
- Trenton Princeton
- a A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.
- b Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
- c small bands of fighters who weaken the enemy with surprise raids and hit-and-run attacks. like pirates
- d Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
- e He was Polish and a Jew. He wanted religious freedom and liberty in his country. He fled Poland when it was invaded by Russia and came to America. He was shy, could speak several languages, and had a reputation for integrity. He spied on the British for the Americans when he was captured by the British. The French also made him a general and their army paymaster. He helped fund the Continental Congress and pay their salaries. When he died in 1785, at the age of 45, he was penniless and had given everything he owned to America.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Pennsylvania lawyer and leading Patriot- wanted to petition against King George III wrote the Olive tree petition
- brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
- Those who favor extreme change
- He signed the "delclaration of independance" he wanted to convince the americans to rebel agaisnt the king. He said people shouldnt change their system of government without a good reason.
- the document recording the proclamation of the Second Continental Congress (4 July 1776) asserting the independence of the colonies from Great Britain
5 True/False Questions
John Paul Jones → He replaces General Gage and evacuates Boston to British Canada. Loyalists go with British.
George Rogers Clark → Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America
George Washington → he built a strong army during the war. very important man
Molly Pitcher → believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
Treaty of Paris 1783 → Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War