5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Thomas Jefferson
- Nathan Hale
- a an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy
- b a general and progressive increase in prices
- c a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British, famous quote:, "i only regret that i have but one life to lose for my country"
- d small bands of fighters who weaken the enemy with surprise raids and hit-and-run attacks. like pirates
- e He signed the "delclaration of independance" he wanted to convince the americans to rebel agaisnt the king. He said people shouldnt change their system of government without a good reason.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
- British general who surrendered at yorktown
- Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
- in 1781 during the American Revolution the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
- Pennsylvania lawyer and leading Patriot- wanted to petition against King George III wrote the Olive tree petition
5 True/False Questions
George Washington → he built a strong army during the war. very important man
Marquis De Lafayette → believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
George Rogers Clark → he built a strong army during the war. very important man
Mercenaries → Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
Saratoga → A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.