5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- George Washington
- John Dickinson
- General Howe
- a Cruel and unjust use of power
- b He replaces General Gage and evacuates Boston to British Canada. Loyalists go with British.
- c Pennsylvania lawyer and leading Patriot- wanted to petition against King George III wrote the Olive tree petition
- d a general and progressive increase in prices
- e he built a strong army during the war. very important man
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) who said the famous lines " I have not yet begun to fight" when his ship was sinking but was able to defeat the British
- heroine of the American Revolution who carried water to soldiers and took over her husband's gun when he was wounded, real name was Mary Ludwig Hays
- brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
- Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War
- believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
5 True/False Questions
Baron Von Steuben → Washington ambushed Hessians on Christmas night and defeated them. Washington also defeated the British army near Princeton.
two major victories
Radicals → an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy
Yorktown → in 1781 during the American Revolution the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
Mercenaries → Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
Deborah Sampson → Patriot who disguised herself as a man and served in the Continental Army.