5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- General Howe
- Treaty of Paris 1783
- a an alliance of nations joining together to fight a common enemy
- b Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War
- c a general and progressive increase in prices
- d small bands of fighters who weaken the enemy with surprise raids and hit-and-run attacks. like pirates
- e He replaces General Gage and evacuates Boston to British Canada. Loyalists go with British.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Patriot who disguised herself as a man and served in the Continental Army.
- Cruel and unjust use of power
- He was Polish and a Jew. He wanted religious freedom and liberty in his country. He fled Poland when it was invaded by Russia and came to America. He was shy, could speak several languages, and had a reputation for integrity. He spied on the British for the Americans when he was captured by the British. The French also made him a general and their army paymaster. He helped fund the Continental Congress and pay their salaries. When he died in 1785, at the age of 45, he was penniless and had given everything he owned to America.
- brave nobleman from france. he was made a major general before the age of 20. he used his own money for food and supplies for his army. he was very close to george washington
- British general who surrendered at yorktown
5 True/False questions
Baron Von Steuben → A stern, Prussian drillmaster that taught American soldiers during the Revolutionary War how to successfully fight the British.
Thomas Paine → Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
Olive Branch Petition → Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
Mercenaries → Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
George Washington → Pennsylvania lawyer and leading Patriot- wanted to petition against King George III wrote the Olive tree petition