5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Olive Branch Petition
- George Rogers Clark
- a Leader of a small Patriot force that captured British-controlled Fort Vincennes in the Ohio Valley in 1779., secured the Northwest Territory for America
- b in 1781 during the American Revolution the British under Cornwallis surrendered after a siege of three weeks by American and French troops
- c Those who favor extreme change
- d A battle that took place in New York where the Continental Army defeated the British. It proved to be the turning point of the war. This battle ultimately had France to openly support the colonies with military forces in addition to the supplies and money already being sent.
- e Still pledge loyalty to King George III but are still asking Britain to respect the rights and liberties of the colonies, repeal oppressive legislation, and British troops out of the colonies; George 3 didn't want anything to do with them and declared all colonies in a state of rebellion
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- British general who surrendered at yorktown
- A stern, Prussian drillmaster that taught American soldiers during the Revolutionary War how to successfully fight the British.
- Treaty Between England and the Colonies , formally ended the American Revolutionary War
- he built a strong army during the war. very important man
- heroine of the American Revolution who carried water to soldiers and took over her husband's gun when he was wounded, real name was Mary Ludwig Hays
5 True/False Questions
John Dickinson → American naval commander in the American Revolution (1747-1792) who said the famous lines " I have not yet begun to fight" when his ship was sinking but was able to defeat the British
Mercenaries → Also known as Hessians. Hired Soldiers
Moderates → believed the relationship with Britain could be repaired
Trenton Princeton → Patriot and writer whose pamphlet Common Sense, published in 1776, convinced many Americans that it was time to declare independence from Britain.
General Howe → a soldier of the American Revolution who was hanged as a spy by the British, famous quote:, "i only regret that i have but one life to lose for my country"