5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- climate zone
- "lungs of the earth"
- digital divide
- a The discrepancy between people who have access to and the resources to use new information and communication tools, such as the internet, and people who do not have the resources and access to the technology.
- b involving or operating in several nations or nationalities
- c The middle line of latitude, measuring 0 degrees and dividing the globe into N and S hemisphere.
- d a region throughout which yearly patterns of temperature, rainfall, and amount of sunlight are similar
- e Nickname for the the key role that rainforests play in Earth's carbon-oxygen cycle.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- line of latitude: 66.5° south
- Substances that, once used, cannot be replaced in this geological age
- small trees, bushes, and other plants adapted to a dry climate that needs little water
- lists and explains the symbols and colors used on a map
- the small towns, farms, and open spaces that lie just beyond a city's suburbs
5 True/False Questions
International Date Line → is an imaginary line of longitude generally 180° (degrees) east or west of the Prime Meridian.
cloud forest → trees with broad, flat leaves that are shed before winter
consumption → a 15th century Spanish conqueror of the Americas
indigenous peoples → forest populated by cone-bearing evergreen trees; mostly found in northern latitudes
adaptation → inherited characteristic that improves an organism's ability to survive and reproduce in a particular environment